My New Acquisition

RB_Shaggs

Well i finally got a 510 these pics are not that great but i will have more when it comes to my house.. its a little grimmey but we all know how good cars can look after you use a pressure washer (icehouse) and the ody looked straight floorboards were good but the rear springs were out so they are going to put a set in and either tow it up here or i am going to get it in the next couple weeks..

DSCI0019.jpg

DSCI0016.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks alot worse in the pics then it does up close aside from a motor and tranny being where the backseat goes it having no carpet and the dash in the truck the interior is ok but the body was straight just slimey now i have to decide if i am going to just throw a L series in it or do a KA swap :confused:

it is dirty harry's (shane) car it is at his parents house he is strapped for cash i was going to buy his black 4 door but someone picked it up before i could.. I know his roommate (friend of a friend) so he called me up and since i was in puyallup dropping off another car i went and took a look at it i guess he is just getting out of things doesn't have the time or money for it, i am getting a couple of tranny's and engines and a set of side drafts as well as a new radiator and two sets of springs out of the deal so i couldn't pass it up.. i am not going to let it sit i am selling my 620 std that i drive daily and the wife insists on me having a daily so that is what this will be..

Shane!

yeah I know Shane. I thought he got a Job at Boeing was working alot. Shane needed money?

Man he just kept calling me(I was rubbing one off) on this and that and he just hammered that car. Hopefully it went to a better home. I told Shane to do this and that and He just wouldnt do it and called me when things went bad. It got irritating.

I gave him the DVD on how to do it and he would still call and ask. I didnt get it.

I like Shane but talking to him was like talking to a HOUSE PLANT.

jeff said the shane's black car got sold ,but to who?

So shane's car doesnt have a hood?or swapped with this car you have photoed here

I hope you get this car running If not soon sell it to Jeff for cheap cause he will get it runing fast with Frank helping him.

that car is far better than the black one. Frank and I have tons of parts if you need anything. I think Shane even had a as driveline so you could use that and a napz trans to simplify the is swap. I found that car for shane I think 3 years ago, wow how time flys.

well i talked to jacob last night and he is talking about just towing it up to me so i don't have to go back down there.. i guess shanes dad is going to pull it out of where its at then they are going to get all the parts that go with it together and bring it up.. i don't know why he needed money that iis just what i heard from my buddy, but jacob said he deffinetly did not have the time.. needless to say i might have some parts for sale depending on what all i get extra.. i am beyond stoked it will be a daily driver cause when i get done bagging my KC i wont drive it unless it is nice out or i am going to a show.. Jeff pm me your number if you don't mind so i can get ahold of you when i find out what all i need, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I got the black car, I pulled alot of bad wiring out of that car, and it looks to be leaking oil bad, it should be on the road in a while as my daily. Has lots of good L upgrades, dizzy, webber, factory tach, and some other goodies. Still needs alot of work.

I have a stockish 69 4 door that was going to be my daily, currently runs and drives, but I will be selling it if anyone is after one. I'll get some pics up later.

• 1 month later...

so after dealing with some money issues and access to a trailor falling through a couple of times i finall went and got my 510 yesterday it was a pain in the ass to get it out of where it was but now it is home going to unload it tonight after work and move my truck so i can get it in the garage and start tearing into it..

after i got it out may a stop by a carwash

IMAGE_00001.jpg

IMAGE_00002.jpg

IMAGE_00003.jpg

about 30 mins later

IMAGE_00004.jpg

IMAGE_00005.jpg

IMAGE_00006.jpg

new power plant waiting to go in

dscf0460cm0.jpg

well monday was a bad day i found out my grandfather (last grandparent i had left) had passed away in hospice care recovering from his stroke.. He taught me alot and it was always cool to here about his stories street racing Dick Landy, trailoring one of my dads cars to the street races and then loading it up on the trailor and running from the police race car in tow (back in the 70's when street racing was still pure).. as well as the many cars he and my grandmother owned and raced at the roundy round tracks.. all his old street rods he built.. he was a great man..

After my dad called i left work and went home to get my mind off of everything.. so the 510 is off the trailor and in the driveway my KC has the bed set on it and is outside and for the moment my buddys truck (The General) is in the garage so i can get it running right... after getting the 510 off the trailor i took everything out to see what all i have.. so for sale is a set of su's $150 obo, a dogleg 5speed $100 obo, and another L motor don't know which yet it got dark i will try to post pics tonight being i barely got out of bed yesterday..

• 4 months later...

well now that the truck is about to go to my buddy's shop so we can shave it. i can start moving on the 510. i go pick up my motor that has been in storage and another shop for a while tonight.

now i just need some parts. i need basically the whole interior for the car. Mainly back seat, another dash my is wrecked, carpet, door panel, steering colum, hood latch mechanism, and if i can find one a console.

So if anyone has any of this for a decent price or will ing to trade let me know please.:D

Shane!

I like Shane but talking to him was like talking to a HOUSE PLANT.

That reminds me of the movie 'Ford Fairlane' I love that movie.

"Talking to Zoo Zoo Petals is like Masturbating with a cheese grater. Amusing but mostly painfull."

G'day by the way. Another Aussie Datsun freak.