F22c in 510

NOTES...

Last week I bought This for the Datsun...

- Clutch Master Cylinder

- Slave Cylinder (S2k)

- All Tie Rods

- Energy suspension

- Front and Rear control arm Bushings

- Mustache Bar Bushings

- T/C Rod Bushings

- Starter (S2k)

- Ordered Brake Master Cylinder

- Stage 2 6 Puck Clutch From Clutch Power

Looking for Fender Flares and When i get all parts in im going to Start getting fittings and lines...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You figured out a way to avoid using the dash cluster? every s2000 swap I have seen has included that and everything I have read says it is somehow needful. Running a complete stand-alone bypass that? It obviously passes the other problem being the keys having to match the ecu and honda refusing to program keys unless you have a complete car to take them, not just a motor swap. Raaz performance did this swap to a 74 celica, and there is a really good article on it in Japanese Nostalgic Car magazine, which if you have not seen, go find it. The mag is dedicated to pre-1985 japanese cars exclusively.

Nice... Haven't seen it. I'll look into it... But yea I'm gonna bypass it with the haltech hopefully. Well I went to Les from classic datsun yesterday and he hooked it up with a racing fuel cell for cheap.... Will post pics of all my parts maybe tomorrow or Saturday when I get a Chance...

Pic Time of some parts I picked up....

Manifold.jpg

Welded the EGR valve port and cut the flange off.. also welded shut the vacuum lines at the top..

Clutch.jpg

Cell.jpg

Fuel Cell Les hooked it up with.. the case needs to be reconditioned but other than that its in good condition... Not sure what color to paint it... I might keep it red...

Rail.jpg

My fuel rail... I welded shut the FPR hole and Welded a -6 an fitting on the feed so I can run my lines from there...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

when i installed the ap1 i used the brackets from original on the motor then it sat on suspension rubber with a hole drilled through it .just worked real well...

Yeah.. these mounts might not be the ones ima be running.. made them so i can set the motor in.. Its a prototype if u will,. :D

OK... Well after all this time off of the project (like 4 months) Ima try to get to it again,...

Few days ago i took out the suspension and steering components, Crossmember, Motor and such.. gona start prepping the engine bay...

07222011.jpg

07222011_001.jpg

Set the motor on the stand and began to take it apart.. Putting in the Skunk 2 Stage 2 Pro series Cams, Dual valve springs, and titanium retainer.. :D

Got the oil pan off and gonna cut it up a lil differently to make room for the steering.. I gots a plan.. lol.. Take oics of that later.. when its closer to being done..

07232011_002.jpg

Motor is soooo Clean.. very low miles.. :D

07222011_003.jpg

07242011.jpg

07262011_002.jpg

07262011_003.jpg

I've heard rumors that the F20 has some issues with the valve spring seats. The springs tend to dig into the head and ruin everything. Might want to check it out while the valve cover is off.

Yea.. im adding the dual valve spring seats, along with the dual valve springs and retainer.. Thanks

New valve train

07282011_005.jpg