WTB : Datsun 521 Speedometer cable

I need a speedo cable for my 71 521, not sure what the going rate is, but hook it up with a ratsun price if possible :)

Jerry@northshoreracing.com

I'm located in the Cleveland Ohio area btw so I'd need somebody willing to ship one.

Thanks!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock?

Going rate... I'd say $31 for NOS:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-520-521-Truck-Accelerator-Cable-Assy-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53dc241856QQitemZ360175638614QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182

...or $22 including shipping from Singapore:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-510-520-1600-1960-1973-ACCELERATOR-CABLE-us-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb3a342d3QQitemZ260711858899QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2260wt_941

I think the Singapore seller uses the same picture for similar cables, but the one you're looking for looks like the top one with that black gasket on the end.

I thought the late 520s (the '66 has a little spring on the cable, and probably shorter) and 521s were different than the 620s. The 520/521 screws onto the firewall and the 620 has a bracket that bolts to the firewall. Maybe early 620s have the screw-type, I don't know.

Would they be the same for a 521, and a 620? I believe one of the changes made between the two models is the body fasteners went from American threads on the 521 to metric threads on the 620.

I do not know about the speedometer cable.

Not aware of this about fasteners. I know all other bolts are metric. A 620 speedo will work on a '68-73 510 so should fit a 521 as it has the same tranny (similar). I thought all Nissan were full metric by mid 60s.

Well, I've got one of those sitting around. $10 + shipping?

...and the 520/521/620 are the same.

Autozone has them for $30...

Sweet! I'll take it. Message me with the total with shipping and paypal info or where you'd like payment sent. Thanks :)

haha I cut through mine when cutting out my old floor yesterday and napa and autozone both told me they don't show a listing and I was unable to find any local speedo type shops that were interested in making me one. Datsuns aren't common or popular in the midwest so my options are limited.

haha I cut through mine when cutting out my old floor yesterday and napa and autozone both told me they don't show a listing and I was unable to find any local speedo type shops that were interested in making me one. Datsuns aren't common or popular in the midwest so my options are limited.

Sounds like the pickup ones will work,thats good info,did'nt know that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.