Datsun slot cars

<blockquote class="webkit-indent-blockquote" style="text-align: center;margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 40px; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-width: initial; border-color: initial; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm trying to get this to work. not having good luck so far. I'll keep trying after I find someone who can make this work,then post pics too. I found a place that custom casts slot car bodies. they have some Datsuns,Including 510 sedans,coupes,& GOONS! ,620 trucks , & Z's. The site is Jim's Custom Rod Shop,& they have an E-bay store also. my thought is to get some people to "build" their own ,post the process in this thread, then bring them to events for a Ratsun slot car "racing series". I've pm'ed a few people already about this,& they thought it sounded like fun.

Alrighty then nerds, here you go. My buddy built a track in basement last winter and we have a regular series going out here in HR. We do dollar buy in on the first race, 2 bucks on the second and 3 on the third race. Computer scoring with 4 lanes going at once. The PBR's flow like water and everyone has a great time. Usually have at least 12 -15 people show up so there is a bit of cash on the table by the second and third race. Keeps me in tires and shoes. :lol: Everyone has to run the same chasis and tires so that it is fair. I will post some pics of the track later if anyone is interested. Here is a place to get vintage bodies.

http://www.scaleauto.com/bodies/sa.htm

This is awesome! I remember racing slit cars at the local track with my dad when I was little. We used to buy our own bodies, and he taught me how to solder and we built our own chassis. I remember hiding magnets in the engines so they would be faster. They had a 40 foot drag strip that I held the record on until they closed down a few tears ago. 84 mph. At the end there was no power so your car would coast to a stop, and they had foam at the end before the wall. My drag car was going so fast it blew through the foam and hit the wall, folding the chassis in half. I wish they still had tracks here, I still have all of my cars