Datsun 620 Shortbed Trailer

Nice work that looks good. With the same wheels and paint as the truck it will look awesome.

Remember for it to tow well, you want the ballance to be about 60/40.

if the tongue is too lite the trailer will not want to track behind the truck

and fishtail all over at speed.

yeah, when I said I could lift it with my finger I forgot I had a bunch of scrap still in it :) It is slightly tong heavy, but not much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trailers are cool!!! That is exactly how I did Mine. You may have seen Oics of Mine on other threads. Not wanting to spend a lot of $$$$, Earl Scheib in Las Vegas finished bodywork (I had welded up the bed seams) and painted them for $700.00, which I feel was way worth it. BOTH trailers have the license plates boxed into the tailgates as to not hang down or in the way while loading/unloading items out of the bed. One trailer is a work trailer (which still has the tiedown hooks) and the other is a "show" trailer, having hooks shaved and a locking Snugtop bedcover.

In Arizona You can get "vanity" plates for trailers. One has HALF620 and the other has 620HALF. My 16' car hauler trailer has the plate 620HALR.

Mark has taken Oics of them from time to time. Maybe He can post some.

Oh yeah, to get Your tongue weight up, weld a bracket for Your spare tire. I also welded in cross braces and covered the front with polished aluminum diamond plate. I never even know they are behind Me empty or full.

I haven't registered it yet. I asked about it when I registered my truck again for this year and it sounded like they wanted either the title (which it never had) or the bill of sale which was thrown away awhile ago. I'm sure I can get it registered...just not sure how they want to ago about it.

I want to practice welding up the seams on the trailer before I do my truck too.

I'll get pics soon... it really just doesn't match w/ out paint