No more LS1 V8

EVILC

I figure I could post over here also about the upgrade EVIL Z is getting. I sold my drive train and will be installing it complete into another Z for someone local to me. I will be getting a LS2 for my car once I am done with this car.

Got the engine and trans out my car:

Bye Bye LS1

1128001450_KaLty-L.jpg

1128001583_GRxL5-L.jpg

1128001692_5XBLZ-L.jpg

Out with the old L28ET:

1128000816_TVwSV-L.jpg

Next day

Broke down the L28ET/Z32 trans setup and the owner can get his parts back to resell them.

Parts:

1129055200_kexZs-L.jpg

The LS1 is in its new home!

1129055691_iszM8-L.jpg

1129055799_dgCDk-L.jpg

1129055075_e27Z6-L.jpg

Still need to bolt the trans to the floor and fill it back up with fresh fluid. A ds needs to be ordered from JCI and some hoses. Then comes moving the harness and ecu to this car. With xmas coming up soon, I think she will sit with just the harness hooked up to the engine for now. Hope to have it done by mid Jan. I know this guy is going to be very happy with this setup. His car looks mean and now has the motor to match!

This all was about two weeks ago, I plan to start working on the car next week and have it completed by the end of Jan. '11

Hopefully I find a nice low miles GTO in the Spring.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^ see, I am of the opinion that fast is fast. fast and reasonable gas mileage and able to pass a smog check is even better.

I don't care what motor it has in it...I could see if it is a really cherry nice old car keeping the engine and transmission numbers matching, and I can also see the logic in the smaller datsun products using 4 cylinders or 6 cylinders instead of V8's because of the weight issue(if you can get 250+hp from a 4 banger why double the weight for only another 50?)...but if your nissan product came with a 6 banger to start with, whats wrong with adding 2 more cylinders? Don't say because it doesn't look cool, because when the hood is down the only thing that matters is how fast it is.

lets be honest, there is no replacement for displacement. If a person has the skills to make the engine fit in there and look like it came from the factory, to me that is a work of art, rather than "lame" or a sacrilege.

I did one worse...I put 2 cylinders per exhaust pipe on my naps...at low idle it sounds like a V8...if you rev it up it sounds like what would happen if a poorly muffled 4.3l v6 had a 3 way with an air cooled volkswagon and a stroked and bored subaru...

Back on topic...V8 nissan cars are still cool and that swap looks clean.

Shit man, seems like EVERYONE with an s30 in Tucson is going that route. I'd do it without a thought. His build looks clean, has GREAT power and with the engine sitting behind the front crossmember, just about 50-50 weight distribution. Why not?!

People put VG motors in dimes, addeding 2 cylinders, why not put v8's in Z cars adding 2 cylinders?

The Z is bigger and (I would think) less disrupted by a few added pounds. Smaller cars with 260 lb engines are different. The all aluminum 215 V8 isn't bad but stuffing a 775 pound Chrysler HEMI in, is the other end of crazy. If you can stay close to stock +100 lb you shouldn't have to mod the suspension (as much) and the handling is less affected.

One really great thing about adding displacement is the added low rpm torque that comes with it.!

LSx is lame.

Sorry to tromp on your thread Clive but.....

Pure Pontiac Kid,

Why do you feel it necessary to come on this thread and badmouth the man's engine choice? Do you really hate the LS1 or are you just jealous that you can't have one for either of your fine cars?

You are entitled to your opinion but then after viewing your project thread, your opinion is not of much value here. LOL!

My opinion is the the LSx motors are awesome. I could see one in you 69 firebird to replace the 350, 400, 426, or 6 cylinder you might have under the hood. It would make more power, be more reliable, weigh less and get better mileage along with putting out fewer emissions at the same time. I could also see it under the hood of your ZX. Although with as low as you seem to like your car, I think you would be buying lots of oil pans, but then again, you don't seem to mind that your car has lots of leaks.

My LS1 powered Z car is awesome.

Stock 2002 LS1 motor in my Z makes 340RWHP, 365RWT and consistently gets 30+ MPG on the hwy. Modern computer controlled fuel injection starts on the first try and the performance is breathtaking. 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and traction limited quarter mile runs at 12.8 seconds. It will hang with Porsche's and Vette's on track days too.

My opinion says the LSx motors are sweet. I see that you own a 280ZX.

280ZX's are lame compared to the original 240Z. (just my opinion)

2007-zcon-03-0068B.jpg

On_the_Road_240Z_LS1_and_510_godbye_053.jpg

What you got?

Oh, I found this in one of your posts. This is your 280ZX?

Nice choice for an exhaust system.

DSC03685.jpg

Again, opinions are like As*holes, everyone has one and some stink more then others.

What's that 115RWHP and 145RWT. What is the gas mileage that goes with that?

280ZXDyno.png

Impressive.

In the future, how about you not badmouth someone else's ride. Yours has alot that can be badmouthed too.

Happy New year!

• Like 7

dam dog, dat's a cool story bro. that dyno sheet is from like 3 years ago, my car NOW MAKES A WHOPPING 130WHP and 152FT/LBS ZOMFG. I don't care about how much power my Z makes, only that it gets me from point A to point B, and if she throws a few sparks on the way, that's even better.

you're also maaaaad jealous of my boso tips that are sitting in the garage, try finding an updated pic before you try badmouthing somebody.

I'm kinda lolloring thinking just how long it took you to make that post when I REALLY don't give a shit.

you chose LSx because you don't have the intelligence to make decent power with another motor, and that's ok, some people just aren't cool. (which is apparant through how your car looks)

also, LSx in my Firebird? really? why would I want to slow my car down?

DAMN almost forgot, u mad bro?

• Like 2

dam dog, dat's a cool story bro. that dyno sheet is from like 3 years ago, my car NOW MAKES A WHOPPING 130WHP and 152FT/LBS ZOMFG. I don't care about how much power my Z makes, only that it gets me from point A to point B, and if she throws a few sparks on the way, that's even better.

you're also maaaaad jealous of my boso tips that are sitting in the garage, try finding an updated pic before you try badmouthing somebody.

I'm kinda lolloring thinking just how long it took you to make that post when I REALLY don't give a shit.

you chose LSx because you don't have the intelligence to make decent power with another motor, and that's ok, some people just aren't cool. (which is apparant through how your car looks)

Meh. :rolleyes:

Man I didn't know this site can be so much fun!!!!!!!!

I will not even bother getting into why I went with the v8....nothing to do with the over 400+rwhp and the better gas mileage I get than the L28. Done.

Always build what makes you happy and like stated - fast is fast. It could have been a Kia motor and I wouldn't care. Hopefully next week, I have some short vids of the gnose Z car started with its new v8!

Funny how you question my intelligence with regard to my choice for an engine swap.

I know the quality of my car and the build I completed. It was researched and planned well in advance of ever pulling the L series engine. It has been on the road for over 5 years and has worked out to be better then I had even imagined.

I am certainly not mad. I know that you are just a kid (you even named yourself kid in your user name) so I will give you some time to grow up and start to think before you post.

that sounds like fucking shit. what the fuck.

Again, Opinions are Assholes, everyone has one and some stink more them others.

Happy New Year.

• Like 2

LSx is lame.

I vote LSx being worst sounding engine behind B18C1

that sounds like fucking shit. what the fuck.

troll.jpg

Kid, I shouldn't have to complain about your troll like behavior on someone else's post nor remind you to read these rules.... again. An opinion can't by definition be wrong but it can be applied in a disruptive manner... the very definition of a troll. Consider this your warning.

Ratsun Rules

We have implemented the following guide for using our community forums. This guide is designed to keep the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere of our community.

• We reserve the right to remove any topics we deem inappropriate or disruptive to our community. Please note that, from time to time, topics may be removed for being inappropriate even though your individual post in that topic may have been perfectly fine. Please do not feel this reflects badly on you.
  • Having fun is good, we like fun. There are a couple general forums for non-Datsun related topics. Please keep it positive and polite. We do not censor opinions or ideas on our forums but we do take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in the community beyond a civil and polite disagreement.
  • You may not make personal attacks on other users or staff members either in public forums or private messages.
  • We reserve the right to ban any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our community. We will be fair and provide warning in most cases.