Back in Cali

Shagy

Two weeks ago the wife and I started our trek back to So. Cal. Loaded all our crap/stuff on a 26 bob tail and the wagon on a trailer. Car shredded the car cover but made it here in one piece. So I'm going to be sourcing a body shop to handle the rust (I'm in Hacienda Heights) and then get her all fresh and pretty.

Mean while I will be working on getting my business going that I started in Texas. I do custom lighting for cars, motorcycles, Boats, Big Rigs...etc and I sell GPS tracking units for valuable cars/bikes, etc.

Looking forward to finally getting started on this car. I need to get the weather strips for the 1/4 glass and the back hatch (if its been made available). I've sat on this car for 4 years and have not really done anything to her but let her sit.

But yeah....back in Cali after 4 years.

AJ

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell if I was living in Mesquite I would move too. LOL!!!!

I lived there for a year after I moved from CA to TX and couldnt wait to get out of Mesquite. I was almost broken into 3 times in two months. I now live in Carrollton and am waiting for my house to get finished in Frisco. I miss CA but not enough to move back, just for visiting family. The one true thing I miss is In-N-Out and Tommys but were getting In-N-Out here in spring of 2011.

Dennis...never had any problems. I lived there for almost 4 years. dime was always garaged (not like there was anyting to steal from it) but all 3 of our cars were in the drive way....both tibs modified. We were down by clay mathis and lawson. A decent part of Mesquite.

we came upon a unique offer to be able to move back to Cali. Odd timing, I had just gotten out of the Hyundai dealers after 11 years and started with DART....LOVED the job. I worked on the SLRV's. Wish that job came around 2 years ago.

Wide14u, what pictures would you like? Not much to show on the dime, shes in need of attention.

Dennis...never had any problems. I lived there for almost 4 years. dime was always garaged (not like there was anyting to steal from it) but all 3 of our cars were in the drive way....both tibs modified. We were down by clay mathis and lawson. A decent part of Mesquite.

Oh, ok the newer part of mesquite. I was near Motley and Larchmont right across the street from tosh elementary school. I was washing dishes and I noticed a guy walking through the alley and about 2 min later I seen him walking by my kitchen window (we were elevated so I seen the top of his head). He started peeking through the windows and I opened the back door real quick with my Springfield XD 45 and said he had 5 seconds to get the fuck off my property and he started strolling along with a grin on his face. I then popped off three rounds into the ground near him and he started hauling ass. The cops came out and I gave them a description, the officer said that the ghetto was moving towards us quickly and said its going to get worse.

About 6 days later I had a guy trying to break into my shed and gave him a couple of warning shots and he darted. Didnt even call the police this time. We moved to Carrollton and the ghetto is slowly moving this way so we decided to have a house build in Frisco in a gated community. Since the interest rates have dropped we are getting a 500k house for only 2300.00 per month and no property tax (i am a 100% disabled veteran so no property taxes for me). The cool thing is when the housing market picks back up our house should be worth a fortune since they dropped so much up in Frisco.

yeah...I know where you were @. My house was 20 years old, not that new but it is in part of the newest part. I liked it, good neighbors. We did have a lot of section 8 moving in, but we were working on controlling that with the crime watch. Frisco is nice.

I need to get the weather strips for the 1/4 glass and the back hatch (if its been made available).

datsport, out of australia

try zhiguli510 also. he will likely be at the eagle rock swap meet on 2/20/11

for the cargo glass??? i have usable set avail.

for the R doors???

Fixer.

Welcome back to So Cal. Another wagon owner makes me happy. I have a really good body shop across the street from me. Let me know if you want their info. My shop is in Lake Elsinore. Bout 45 min from you.