Anyone ever here about or see one of these?

310joe

Was at the local pull a part today and came across a momo steering wheel in a datsun truck... After taking it home I realized that it had a stamped nissan logo on the back of it... however it looks just like an aftermarket momo (has the same bolt pattern and design) steering wheel. It even has a nissan blue leather covering on it (to bad it's torn). Did nissan have these as an aftermarket or specialty part or what? It also has a 280 stamped in the center now that I look at it closer... Just kind of an interesting find... Never knew they existed...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you remove this from a 720 pickup, ST model? Nissan made a very nice leather wrapped wheel for the 720 pickup ST models. The bolt pattern is offset different than a momo wheel though. Nice wheel to drive with too. I have seen them in brown, blue, and black.

Did you remove this from a 720 pickup, ST model? Nissan made a very nice leather wrapped wheel for the 720 pickup ST models. The bolt pattern is offset different than a momo wheel though. Nice wheel to drive with too. I have seen them in brown, blue, and black.

Blue one at foster not long ago. But was tattered .

Was at the local pull a part today and came across a momo steering wheel in a datsun truck... After taking it home I realized that it had a stamped nissan logo on the back of it... however it looks just like an aftermarket momo (has the same bolt pattern and design) steering wheel. It even has a nissan blue leather covering on it (to bad it's torn). Did nissan have these as an aftermarket or specialty part or what? It also has a 280 stamped in the center now that I look at it closer... Just kind of an interesting find... Never knew they existed...

The title says:

Anyone ever here (sic) about or see one of these?

thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif

Does it look like this? If so, it's a steering wheel of a 720 ST (Sport Truck) Mine also has Nissan stamped in the back.

It's a nice wheel, 15" perfect for manual steering, got mine from a member here and I plan on restoring it.

img0210ls.jpg

Does it look like this? If so, it's a steering wheel of a 720 ST (Sport Truck) Mine also has Nissan stamped in the back.

It's a nice wheel, 15" perfect for manual steering, got mine from a member here and I plan on restoring it.

img0210ls.jpg

Yup! That is what I found. I actually cut the leather wrap of of it last night because it was so beaten up and now I have a black wheel that looks brand new :lol: I actually am going to go tomorrow and see about a new leather wrap for it. There is a vintage auto parts store out here that sells a lot of european and asian hard to find stuff. They have really nice leather wrap kits NOS from the early eighties for $35-$40 each and are really good quality (not just those cheesy wheel wrap kits you wrap around your steering wheel). They are basically the same thing as what was on the steering wheel new.... Thanks for the info guys.

After reading this thread yesterday I was out in my 510 wagon and saw a nissan ST and decided I would walk over and look, sure enough he had the same steering wheel, I thought about offering him 50 bucks plus my steering wheel, it even had a nissan horn button in the middle. I just thought it was funny, now the question is will these along with the adapters fit in 510's or Z's

After reading this thread yesterday I was out in my 510 wagon and saw a nissan ST and decided I would walk over and look, sure enough he had the same steering wheel, I thought about offering him 50 bucks plus my steering wheel, it even had a nissan horn button in the middle. I just thought it was funny, now the question is will these along with the adapters fit in 510's or Z's

Take the hub too if you can that will fit the 510 and the Z cars. Then if you get tired of that wheel you can use any steering wheel with a Nardi bolt pattern like Radim said.