Possible Scammer on Craigslist

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the love here from the Portland crew. Load up the Dime wagon with a few guys, act like you are going to buy some stuff from this ass clown and then make him cough up the dizzy. Someone in the area has to know this jackoff. How hard could it be? You pull this shit out here in Hood River and we just take you up to Post Canyon and tie you to a tree.

• Like 1

Well, as of five minutes ago Paypal refunded my money. I actually tried to give this guy the benefit of the doubt (for like the 3rd time). I even offered to have my friend meet up with him, in a public area, and get the distributor. He made all sorts of great excuses why he couldn't ship it, none of which actually added up. My thoughts is he never had the distributor. Oh well, too late now.

BTW he has about ten other listings up on Craigslist now, a couple of which are Datsun parts: http://portland.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=9&subAreaID=&query=360-936-4350&catAbb=sss

Make damn sure that you are not stupid like me and trust him to ship it. Go meet up with him.

My friend I were discussing this same issue a week ago. He is a big diving junkie. We got to talking and we both realized that targeting very specific groups is great because people let their guard down. For me anyways I have this thought in the back of my head that there is some Datsun code of honor. But that is clearly nonsense.

Sure there may be a code of honor but not everyone will 'honor' it. If you are an honorable ethical trustworthy person in life you will likely to be so if you are in any other situation including a forum. By definition if you are honorable it can't be part time or to suit a situation. Since being honorable is a difficult full time job and being less than honorable is easy I would say that there are fewer honorable people than not.

In any close community like ratsun with a sense of 'community belonging', you are more likely to honor an unspoken code of ethics, not always for the sake of honor, but possibly for fear of member ridicule, being despised, thought ill of, or being outcast/banned. You could be untrustworthy yet an 'honorable' community member. The further one travels away from their 'community' the greater the risk of any dishonesty. Just saying, people with a similar interest are likely to be more fair and self sacrifice for each other than strangers. It's in their best interest to be so even if they are not (strictly speaking) perfectly honorable.