Leaving already :(

irsa76

It is with a heavy heart I announce we have decided to off load the 720. A severe lack of money, space and the pressing need for a second car that is actually mobile means I'm unable to carry out my plans on the truck. We thought about keeping it and just putting aside, but with 2 young kids we need as much backyard as we can get.

I'll still be around here, I'll just be in between ratsuns.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is with a heavy heart I announce we have decided to off load the 720. A severe lack of money, space and the pressing need for a second car that is actually mobile means I'm unable to carry out my plans on the truck. We thought about keeping it and just putting aside, but with 2 young kids we need as much backyard as we can get.

I'll still be around here, I'll just be in between ratsuns.

Sorry to hear that Irsa! Awesome you are staying around though. I've really enjoyed reading your posts. Plus you are like our corespondant to what's happening in Down under.

And this way when you get you ducks back in a row you can get a UTE!

Scott

Sorry to hear that Irsa! Awesome you are staying around though. I've really enjoyed reading your posts. Plus you are like our corespondant to what's happening in Down under.

And this way when you get you ducks back in a row you can get a UTE!

Scott

Well, Nissan Australia did market a rebadged, rebodged?, Ford Falcon ute in the late 1980s:D. SWMBO did say that if a D21 Navara or even a Pathfinder came up in my price range I could look at it.

Yipee!

After giving up on the truck early in the week, it was booked to be scrapped tomorrow, I've managed to talk the wife into letting me keep it. I did some research and found that the planned budget for it's replacement wasn't going to get much while spending that money on the 720 instead would be probably a better investment. Especially since I've just found out these things are going for AUD$4,000 around here! So time to get serious.

The Ratsun 720 lives another day:D:fu:

Yeah, I really couldn't see the point is scrapping this one, then buying another car for a couple of grand only to have to spend money on the new one. The argument I used when we got this one was that even if this thing cost a couple of thousand to sort properly, I will still be in front over buying a cheap beater and trying to keep it going.

Well after the good news about keeping it the otherday, I started digging in to see what was needed. Not good.

As you may remember I found some damage to the LHF. At first I thought it was just the beaver panel, sadly I found the frame was actually twisted, LHF high. That explain why the front end always looked "off". After finding that I did abit more digging and found that the firewall has some rust under the brake/clutch master cylinders, no supprise considering they both leak. The rust I could live with, the twisted chassis and the other issues, the electrics have been so badly butched it would require a complete rewire, I really don't have the time, space or money to sort. Sadly I had to cut my losses and get rid of it. I'm not sure which way to go now, have to wait to see what my tax return looks like. If it was a runner that just needed a little tidy up we would have kept it, but with the amount of work it needed it wasn't practicle.:(

You wouldn't belive it, the exhaust guy next door just left a nice black line in his 620 KC, no photos as my camera phone fell off the forklift. And there's another 620KC getting around here as well, stock and actually pretty tidy.

I NEED a runner.