Hello everyone

Hello my name is Derick, I am new to these forums and am very interested in learned more about my Datsun 510. I bought it when I was too young to really comprehend the work needed to fix it up and now 8 years later I am ready. It's currently a beater with lots of extra stuff that needs sorting out, so this weekend I am going to start on it. I'm sure I'll be trolling these forums looking for advice for quite sometime as I really want to do this right.

I have a bunch of pictures that I plan to upload so everyone feel free to browse and leave comments and Ideas......Hopefully I can get all of my pics up with captions as a way to layout what I'd like to do with the car.

Enjoy!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I was kind of worried about posting all 50 pics onto 1 thread that photobucket link should work now...........I hope they are what you mean by OIC's. Haha you're from Milwaukie? Thats pretty cool, did you go to school here?

Hopefully Sunday I'll have some better pics as I think I am rollin it out of the carport.

Given that it looks like it says W53 right there. Yes(sorry to be a smart ass).

IMGP7997.jpg

As far as I know, the stamp is the only way to tell the difference between heads, and even when you know which head, you really only get a ballpark of what it is: i.e. "W53 closed (with some exceptions). This head is from the Japanese market. Some of these castings are for factory fuel injected engines and have notches in the intake ports to accommodate injectors. 1.25" intake ports and square exhaust ports. 1.65" intake valves and 1.38" exhaust valves."

Source of quote

Welcome, cool 510, looks a fair bit rougher than mine was when I got it, but it's definitely not THAT bad. Good luck.

Actually, the cylinder head ID stamp is to the right of the one circled(which actually the word "NISSAN" was circled... not W53), between #1 and #2 cylinders along the base of the head.

From the pic, it looks like it says "210", which is just the standard head that came on the L16. Nothing special. I could be wrong though.. but it looks like "210" from the angle the pic was taken at.

Welcome to Ratsun :cool:

Yes I made a half arsed attempt at selling the car but because of its condition and inability of people to read craiglist adds I said screw it, And yes I do have a A87 head but it is basically bare so it needs some work before I can use it.

Haha I was kind of worried about posting all 50 pics onto 1 thread that photobucket link should work now...........I hope they are what you mean by OIC's. Haha you're from Milwaukie? Thats pretty cool, did you go to school here?

OICs is PICS! you will learn. I went to putnam! haha but who cares about that anyways. Glad to see another milwaukie 510 running around. Do you know any other datsun guys up there? If not I can probably hook you up with some.