having trouble gettin the transmission seperated from the engine

frodo70444

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya I think there are 8 bolts total.... its retarted I came across that problem doing my clutch...

Supposedly on an MG there were fairly solid motor and tranny mounts and the driveline added stiffness to the car and all the bolts were to make a strong stressed connection. That is what I heard and Nissan just copied it when they did the copy & improve but Nissan soft mounts their drivelines.

i got the starter out and i got two bolts out the back that were up top took every exstension i could find a swivel an di had to hold my mouth right i remember those im tryi to count in my head ur sayin 8 bolts i think i have pulled out 9 lmao and im serious it wont budge an di dont wanna tear nothin up does anybody have a bolt pater diagram or somethin i couldnt find a service manual in the shop at school and the computer wont tell me nothin either im lost and i wanna drive my datsun for the first time ever need prayer lol nobody has a picture? comon now yall the datsun guys

well got the trans out but trying to pull the throwout bearing i broke the little round thing it rides on off my teacher says we can fix it though but if not ima be lookin for that piece i hope yall know what im talkin about and i will know monday if i need it or not i think what that hollow peice is made into is called the front cover or something along those lines i can email a picture of what im talkin about if sumne really wants to know just send me a private message and let me know an email address caus eim not good at posting pictures on here wish me luck at this point i need it sumtin terrible

well got the trans out but trying to pull the throwout bearing i broke the little round thing it rides on off my teacher says we can fix it though but if not ima be lookin for that piece i hope yall know what im talkin about and i will know monday if i need it or not i think what that hollow peice is made into is called the front cover or something along those lines i can email a picture of what im talkin about if sumne really wants to know just send me a private message and let me know an email address caus eim not good at posting pictures on here wish me luck at this point i need it sumtin terrible

thats a pretty darn rare part... lol how did you break it?

Sounds like the bearing housing or collar. Look like this????

transreleasebearings2Large.jpg

This is the front cover: (not exactly like yours)

620CAFS5W71B85turbo200sx008Large.jpg

Sounds like the bearing housing or collar. Look like this????

transreleasebearings2Large.jpg

This is the front cover: (not exactly like yours)

620CAFS5W71B85turbo200sx008Large.jpg

yep the front cover if what we broke my teacher decided to tap on the bearing with a hammer when tappin didnt work he tapped harder i got the feelin we should have unbolted the whole front cover and pressed that bearing off then pressed the new one on but my teacher said he can fix it if not what the hell am i gonna do?

What bearing was he tapping on??? The release bearing (my top picture) clips onto the clutch arm. The two bearings under the cover plate require the transmission to be partially dismantled to get at them.

BTW the correct way to loosen the cover plate off once the bolts are removed is to hit the pivot ball through the clutch arm hole with a socket extension, like this....

FS5W71Bteardown002Large.jpg

The release bearing and collar should slide freely on the front 'nose' of the cover plate. Can't see why he would be hitting it.

BTW ignore the picture of hitting the pivot ball I now see that the 210 uses a much different cover plate on the F4W60 and FS5W60 than the one I posted.

You could try ordering one from the dealer about $40. The number is #32110 H7300

The very good news is that the 4 or 5 speed for the A14 and A15 engine use the same part (not the A12 4 speed) so there are likely lots of 4 speeds in wreckers that will fit. Replace the front seal too... about $5 Nissan number # 32114 Y4000. Fits just behind the cover plate. Hang onto any washers or spacer shims that fall out and put them back in. See Pumpin in here, he's mister 210.

he was hitting it cause it was stuck so i can call a nissan dealer and they should be able to get those parts? cause i called today earlier and they couldnt even pull my vin number up in their computer they were supposed to get back with us but i dont think they did, this is just about my dang luck simple job turned disaster i feel like i lost the blue heart shaped diamond after finding it sunken on the titanic after 100 years grrr but i think i might know where a trans is thats nobody si using ill have to see u did say 4 and 5 speed used the same cover but is that just for the 210? and i want everybody to know i appreciate this alot!!!!

The 4 or 5 speed from the A14 and A15 only.

The B-210 4 speed will also work but it must be from an A14 engine.

The tranny MUST be an F4W60, FS5W60A . There is also an FS5W60L (a dogleg pattern shift) should be the same.