Is nissan bringing back the Datsun?

Craig

New Datsun  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Nissan bring in a Datsun Line of cars?

• Yes
    • no
    • who cares

if u see an old camaro like 78ish and its a lil beat, run hard and put awa y wet, next to a new 2011 camaro i bet u will say look at that old pile. dont want that for my datto, my car is nostalgic and a classic. i dont want it to be some old peice of crap compared to a new 2011 model.

Not... exactly a fair comparison. How about a year closer to the 510? How about a '69 RS or Z28? .... and in good shape. Now you have a problem with choice. Younger people who didn't have one or want one don't have that 'connection' with something from the past so they will likely go for the new. (not always) Oldsters will look back fondly at the first gen Camaro because it has meaning and history with them. (not always)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, but I wonder if it would be like the gtr, too damned expensive. As far as the name goes, I do agree that nissan needs a new "working mans" sports car. The Mustang, and Vette and Camaro, and Chalenger are all way outta range for what you get vs the coin you have to pay out. Honda has the S-2000, Mazda has the Miata, Nissan needs to pull their collective heads out of their exhaust pipes and bust out something that is bare bones, back to basic fast but fun and most of all, affordable. Only then will it be worthy of the Datsun badge.

Counting inflation the 68 roadster cost a total of 15 grand fully loaded.. The miatas are 20k new for a base model, I'd like to see Nissan make a 2 seater roadster for 20k I know they could do it but wont. They have a new little 1.6L turbo motor that would be perfect for it.