New to Ratsun

JapMuscle

Hey everyone, my name is Josh. I bought my first Datsun today. I have owned many cars from a VG Swapped 240sx, 71 baja beetle....09 Honda Fit... 91 mustang...blah blah blah...

Anyway, I shouldnt say I BOUGHT my first datsun. I pretty much got my 620 for free. The cab is in amazing shape besides the dash cracks.

The truck doesnt run i think the carb is just way gone... gonna give it a basic tune up and try to clean up if not replace the carb....

also i think none of the brakes but the ebrake work, i'll probably end up doing disc conversions all the way around. i also plan on swapping in a ca18 when get back from my next deployment...

anywhere... here she is...

155049_142145082501595_100001183110811_197805_6156856_n.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of parts to choose from and combo's to !!! ,,, side draft carbs ,,, weber downdraft ,,, you can have your cam and rockers re-ground to specs you want !!! ( delta camshafts ) ,,, arp studs/bolts ,,, larger exhaust ,,,, port the head crap your-self ( if allowed ) !!! :cool:

The one that is gonna be the stickler ,,, is the Camshaft Grind ,,, this determines quite bit on how you set up your carb(s) as well or even the type of carb !!!

What needs to be done to lower this sweet thing. I searched some threads but found older and newer models.... is it adjustable torsion in front or do i need drop spindles? Just use drop blocks in rear? Any suggestions on what shocks to use for a lowered 620? Just trying to do things right the first time around.

Did you read the FAQ in the general section? Should have everything you need to know about a static (non bag) drop in a 620. But yes, torsions and 3" blocks should get you there. I think folks have used Pinto shocks up front.

No problem man! Here is a link to Bleach's write-up on the torsion bars and shocks.

Torsion Drop

And if you haven't hit it yet, check out OldDatsuns.com. Mklotz has all the manuals and links to keep you well informed on the 620 as well as other Datsuns!

Old Datsuns

and its cool to see you are from MA! I graduated from Ipswich, MA and my family still lives all over the state...military whisked me away from the commonwealth almost 10 years ago now... i miss it BAD

I"m originally from Lakeville/Norton myself. Got family in Dover :cool:

Go Sox!

Nice 620 and welcome to the site ;)

danfiveten what lip is that on your truck? I want it? haha.

Well i finally got my garage renovation done and my cars back in there for now, still have loads of junk on my deck i need to find a home for, but i refuse to clutter up the garage again. any who. i havent really had time to look at the truck since i got it until tonight. I managed to clean it up a bit, toss a battery in, clean up some loose wiring and replaced a few wires that looks like some kind of animal chewed through and got all the lights and windshield wipers working (althought i know its gonna need a new wiper motor they move about an inch a minute lol). Got under the hood to see that its got 2 sparkplug wires and no airfilter. I am half tempted to clean the carb put some new plugs/wires/filter in and change the oil and see if cranks over...

I even found the original receipt for the car under the seat!

paper.jpg

76205_142661899116580_100001183110811_199841_7526390_n.jpg

I really need to get this heavy duty bumper off!!!!!

148097_142662032449900_100001183110811_199843_633009_n.jpg

150073_142654079117362_100001183110811_199826_4778123_n.jpg

• 6 months later...

been a while since ive gotten to post... i've been stuck doing back to back to back deployments, and im actually on my way back out to afghanistan now... luckily i have lots of friends back home helping me get this thing started finally while im gone... picked up a few parts along the way.

New Motor - Chevy LM7 5.3L V8 Vortec / LS6 Cam

252717_187880761261360_100001183110811_438694_985255_n.jpg

Picking up a 240 rear end and TH400 Tranny soon....

working on a coilover system from the front....

Planning on leaving the body in the shape it is in.... i'll start posting more pics once the fab work starts and the motor starts working its way in there.