Hot spark electronic ignition

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody tried this? Are these setups any good? Not having to check, clean, adjust points and condensers an more sounds okay to me.

http://www.hot-spark...istributors.htm

or www.pertronix.com Worked awesome in my Scout II and will be putting it in my wagon soon...:P

Part#1741 on ebay $75 bucks....Free shipping!!! Ebay listing Part# 1741 Anyone find it cheaper?:)

Oh. It also says the coil must have a primary resistance of 3 Ohms and the stock coil has 1.5 Ohms. Does this mean I need a new coil or can I add a resistor?

It's for a 1971 PL521 with an L16.

I was planing on a new coil.:unsure: I just threw mine on the Scout, didn't check the specs. You could tell the 1st start it was better...:P

I would just get pertronix i have been running them in 55 ford truck for 5 years 72 celica for five years and a 70 510 for 2 years not one problem at all ,and the celica my nephew BEATS everyday .The pertronix is only about 15 or 20 dollars more and the ones we bought at Portland swapmeet (NEW ) we payed about $60.00 and no shipping.

And yes you have to use single point distributor cause rubbing block on shaft of dual points is smaller.

Edited by bananahamuck
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

however if you have a dual point distributor the Pertronix or the Hot Start will NOT fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have the part number or vehicle source for the distributor you must you have to use the Pertornix in an L16 521? Thx.