Sick new rims from Rota

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any logic in spending $2k+ on wheels for a $1,200 20+yr old import econ car that only gets hardparked at meets. Bragging rights? Cool factor?

Oh hey guys have you seen my new wallet, it's made out of T-rex.

I know right? Its worse then the Honda crowd.

Well... rota wheels might actually be status wheels to them...

To me this is rota's biggest downfall, they have everything in 4x100 but hondas and Miatas aren't exactly the biggest markets for old school wheels....

It pisses me off.

A lot of these companies do the same thing, I found some sakura copies I liked but I just couldnt bring myself to flare the car for rims that arent the right pattern.

I agree with this. It's even worse when some one see's some Hayashis and thinks they're Rota knock offs. I wish the real thing was easier to get ahold of stateside. IMHO, the real thing looks better.

I have a set of Hyashi streets for sale 14x6 +15 and they have the centerc caps I payed $390 + shipping for them I will sell them for the same if anyone is interested PM me

unfortunatly I cant fit them on any of our cars because of the brake kit... :(

I've got no problem with them making reproductions. Let everyone play is what I say :lol:

Although...if there is a significant weight/strength difference I could see why you'd want the real ones instead of the knockoffs but if it's just for your old project car who the hell cares? "Well...mine are REAL. Ok...well, with the money I SAVED I bought a 55'' LCD TV."

I'd rather have wheels+awesome t.v. VS real wheels lol.