I think my friend is going to ruin my WIRING!

dvaet

as the discription states i think my friend that is helping me wire my 91 ka24de into my datsun 510 isnt to sure about what he is doing. i gave hime icehouses write up and he says making a new fuse block is easier. and i dont think he is going to finish before he leaves on a 6 month cruz in one week. so i am trying to reach out to any bay area wiring gurus. i live in the sunnyvale area and would of course pay you for your time, and supply the beers! lol. or if any one can make me a plug and play set up to mail to me that would be awsome. i have tried to wire things before... the last attemp was on a car stereo that turned off every time the door was shut. needless to say im hopeless in that area haha. btw im not using any of the factory gauges or the factory fuel pump. so i really just need the basic engine wiring set up then i can do the gauges and clean up any of the wiring if need be. thanks in advance guys.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To bad phil isnt close to you, he could have it done in like 3 hours if not less. Obviously your friend is a idiot, if he followed the icehouse diagram, which is kind of confusing, it should be done with not to much. Theres not many wires to change around from what i saw phil do. But then again, phil just

ROCKS

Dude, as someone who's had a 'friend' take on a wiring job, I say leave it in the hands of someone who knows wtf they're doing. I paid an ex-ratsun member to start my wiring job. I gave him $200 cash and a clean KA to get started on it since I honestly dont know what I'm doing. Said I'd pay him more when it ran, but he split one day after it was 1/2 done, took the money, the KA and some of my tools, changed his number, and I havent been able to reach him (not that I care to any more either). I found Joe on FB, but honestly what do you say to someone like that? I say leave it to experienced hands, it'll be cheaper in the long run and you wont have to make someone reconstruct someone elses half ass attempt at your wiring job.

the ka wiring is really easy. Icehouse actually did mine, but after looking at it and the diagram it makes a lot of sense. the only thing that will take time is how clean someone wants it to be, since it takes more thought (for me at least, since I've redone mine a few times) as far as the thread starter goes, he could buy the wiring thats in my car if he wants if his car is close to running. that way he knows its running :)

I haven't driven my car since I started school again =\ IMO $200 is a lot to pay for wiring.

the ka wiring is really easy. Icehouse actually did mine, but after looking at it and the diagram it makes a lot of sense. the only thing that will take time is how clean someone wants it to be, since it takes more thought (for me at least, since I've redone mine a few times) as far as the thread starter goes, he could buy the wiring thats in my car if he wants if his car is close to running. that way he knows its running :)

I haven't driven my car since I started school again =\ IMO $200 is a lot to pay for wiring.

Whoa you posted! you havent been on since like, July. I noticed awhile back that you were absent from posting.

wow thank you guys, i have been dying to drive my car again. i have been taking the train after i took the L20 out. i will pm you guys and see who can help me. thank you again guys. hopefully i will see some of you at the santa clara meet one day soon.

Whoa you posted! you havent been on since like, July. I noticed awhile back that you were absent from posting.

I got annoyed by a handful of people's bitching directed towards me. it was the pot calling the kettle black. I'm just chiming in because someone needs help. :)

I would do it for free, it is easy. Too bad you are so far away.

I used to live in Santa Clara.

I'll do it for free, so long as he buys all the stuff and doesn't expect free to be "hella clean and tucked away"

I'm too busy with school to deal with people and their nitpicking. :)

edit: or for parts I might need :)