bolts?

I have searched.

I am wondering where I can find bolts for engine mounts, driveshaft bolts, flywheel bolts(Do datsun U20 bolts work on L20? Can get those from datsunparts), ect. I need them to put the engine in of course. The only bolts I got with the car is just a bottle of mixmatched random bolts.

Any ideas? Or a place I can look this up my self?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get a set of metric taps and a nice set of digital calipers.

Next, get yourself an account with McMaster Carr and start buying whatever hardware you want or need.

I believe those are M12 1.50 thread pitch by maybe 50-70mm..

Don't take my word for it though, just double check for yourself. :)

get a set of metric taps and a nice set of digital calipers.

Next, get yourself an account with McMaster Carr and start buying whatever hardware you want or need.

I believe those are M12 1.50 thread pitch by maybe 50-70mm..

Don't take my word for it though, just double check for yourself. :)

Cool, I'll do that.

For the flywheel I thought they where like head bolts and need to be really tough?

Any junkyards in your area?

Take them off a similar vehicle.

Yeah lots of pick'n'pull places, but only Z cars or newer ones ... 280zx, ~82' 200sx ect. Maybe those bolts would work? hmm.

find what size you have, probably alot of m8, go to an industrial supply and get grade 8 or better, i made alot of trips to an industrial supply when installing my engine, new hardware rules!!!! as for th eflywheel bolts i wouldnt use anything but oem nissan stuff. junkyard or new through nissan

Cool, I'll do that.

For the flywheel I thought they where like head bolts and need to be really tough?

Yeah lots of pick'n'pull places, but only Z cars or newer ones ... 280zx, ~82' 200sx ect. Maybe those bolts would work? hmm.

Yeah, I would not trust a hardware store bolt for the flywheel. Must have looked past that in the Original Post. I am soon going to be needing a set of flywheel bolts and will be going to ARP to see if they have anything that fits. If not, will see if Nissan still has some on the shelves somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Though I'd bump my old topic instead of creating a new one.

I have bought the OEM flywheel bolts, and found a nice hardware store that has bolts and got the ones needed for the engine/transmission mounts, and driveshaft in the highest grade 8.8 ones.

For the pressure plate to flywheel bolts, do I need OEM for these, also? Or will those grade 8.8 ones work without the risk of breaking them?

I searched around and didn't find any OEM part numbers, or ARP ones that are for datsun pressure plates.

Good sources on the engine bolts, above.

I do not know about the cars, but Datsun 521 trucks use bolts that are metric on the engine, except for the tapered fittings for oil lines, and other water lines. These are British Pipe thread.

The body bolts on a 521 are American thread. So are the brake line fittings.