Barrett Jackson Auto Auction on Speed NOW

Just a reminder y'all that the Barrett Jackson collector car auction in live on Speed this week every night climaxing in 10 hours of coverage this fri and sat.

No love for Dats, but I love this auction. Last year I watched live as Shelby's Cobra Super Snake sold for $5,000,000 bucks. I shit you not.

Looks like a 60's bat mobile is up on the block this year as well as a general lee, a few concept cars and more cars fom Shelby's personal collection. Also that weird Dino Transformer thing (travels the monster truck circuit) that picks up cars cruches them and torches them.

Last night a bunch of the vehicles that were built on Monster Garage sold.

I love this shit and you can bet our Dattos will get there chance to shine up there some day. Well maybe not shine, bit at least be a curiosity!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BJ has done nothing for old muscle cars, than to drive up the prices to astronomical heights. (and collect their cut) It pisses me off to no end seeing great cars, (and some absolute crap) priced so high that they can now only be bought by rich middle age guys that are trying to turn the clock back to the '60s and '70s. Back then, these guys were the tools driving a POS, and all the really cool dudes were out there living it. I say good luck driving your copo 427 Yenko Camaro on sunny days, good luck trying to look cool in your 340 Dart Swinger or Hemi 'Cuda. You can't go back then and change the fact that while you were watching, I was driving.

Sorry for the rant. I hate ALL reallity shows, and BJ is a reallity show. These cars are just an investment to some of these collectors, and the winner is the guy with the most marbles at the end of the game.

I know Mike, way to spoil my fun!:D `Cmon, there's a batmobile coming up for sale! A Batmobile!!

Plus if I had a Hemi Cuda in my garage that I'd bought back when it was new I'd be pretty psyched it was worth so much!

I hear you though. Many Antiques dealers complain about Antiques Roadshow. They say it makes people who want to sell their antiques think in thousands rather than the hundreds stuff is actually worth.

I know Mike, way to spoil my fun!:D `Cmon, there's a batmobile coming up for sale! A Batmobile!!

Plus if I had a Hemi Cuda in my garage that I'd bought back when it was new I'd be pretty psyched it was worth so much!

I hear you though. Many Antiques dealers complain about Antiques Roadshow. They say it makes people who want to sell their antiques think in thousands rather than the hundreds stuff is actually worth.

:o Ooops Gotta dial it back some. I had a muscle car (back in the day)and like to see them on display but hate to see them traded as a commodity investment. It's all about the MONEY.

:o Ooops Gotta dial it back some. I had a muscle car (back in the day)and like to see them on display but hate to see them traded as a commodity investment. It's all about the MONEY.

I don't think it is all about that Mike. But I agree it is ALOT about that.

But for the first part of the week long auction there is alot of neat, really nice driver quality cars that are selling for less than a new BMW Z4. If I had the money to get a Z4 at $42-$45 K and knew I also had the choice to get a vintage, restored, original (or restomod) that often drives as well as a modern car for the same cash and sometimes even less. I'd be on it! Nine times out of ten, as the announcers say on the show, you can't build it for that cost!

I do have to wonder what the hell you do with a high dollar, high finish car once you buy it. Where the hell do you drive the thing other than to and from carshows. I'd be too scared to park it in a wallmart parking lot cause some ass might key it just because they think I am showing off for owning it!

This is one of the reasons I prefer the Rat look. If they key it it will only add to the patina!:lol::lol:

Now fri and Saturday cars are a different story on barret. It is alot about the investment or some rich guy bulding a museum. But there are alot of very unique very rare things that are worth preserving too! Like the Jalopy from the Beverly Hillbillies that is going to sell!

im with you guys, i have very mixed feelings about it. its a shame to see cars going as commodities, but at the same time, whether you like it or not, it IS entertaining. Hell, me and my friends get together and eat pizza, drink beer, and watch the auction. Thats what i have planned for tonight and tomorrow at least (cold front moved in, the high tomorrow is 26...not leaving my house!) I like watching the cars sell on there, i like seeing the one off cars the most, but i really want to take my vacation down there one year and just see the sights. i've got good walking shoes, a big card on my digi camera, and an inquiring mind...i think it would be an awesome trip! i just want to go and see what sells in the "average joe" price range. i am a restomod type guy anyway...classic looks with modern ammeneties!!

Edit: have any of you signed up for the fantasy bidding thing? that looks like it would be pretty fun to do...kinda play along. but this is coming from the same guy who yells at the TV during deal or no deal, so you guys might shoot down my idea