Seattle 620 Tow? YOU WILL BE PAID!

PtheDude

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a tow? Sounded like you were asking who had a full size truck and a tow dolly/flatbed trailer. Not many people on here.

My truck isn't even heavy enough to tow a trailer with a Datsun on it.

Is the smashed truck even capable of rolling on a dolly... or up onto a flatbed?

Guest DatsuNoob
just a tow? Sounded like you were asking who had a full size truck and a tow dolly/flatbed trailer. Not many people on here.

My truck isn't even heavy enough to tow a trailer with a Datsun on it.

Is the smashed truck even capable of rolling on a dolly... or up onto a flatbed?

You'd be surprised Kevin, I once had my dad tow my dakota with a late model Mazda B2000. About the same size rig as a frontier.

You'd be surprised Kevin, I once had my dad tow my dakota with a late model Mazda B2000. About the same size rig as a frontier.

ok, what I mean is a safe tow. You can tow 5000lbs with a 3000lb truck, but you can't STOP safely. I won't tow a trailer and vehicle with my 2wd 4-cyl Frontier.

If I had a V6 4x4 Frontier I might be willing to do that.

If its a matter of using a tow strap to pull a truck a few blocks or a mile down the street then that is a whole different story. (if the vehicle in tow has brakes)

I tow a 14' fiberglass boat,trailer,motor and all the beer and fishing goods all day.At least 800 lbs.When I had a L20b in my 521 I towed an astrovan across town and once a jeep cherokee 4x4.Of course with a strap.Old Datsuns are tough as nails.You cant load half as much weight in a ford ranger.

Guest DatsuNoob

I don't know about you guys but my 620 has one ton springs, atleast I think they are if I remember correctly. There's 6 leafs on each side! Talk about overkill!! My buddy's '01 Dakota only has 3 with a helper, and that's a mid size.

Man, I bought my 620 to tow my jetski to the lake. It better be able to handle 700-800 lbs! I'll be pissed!

that should be fine.

A flatbed trailer would be around 1100lbs and then a 2300lb truck. You shouldn't tow 3400lbs with a 2300lb truck. :) Skip has a flatbed hauler. He hauled off a 280ZX with no suspension for me.