The Juke is here.

Skib

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I told the boss to sell it to someone that would wreck it so I could put the drive train in a 510 :lol:

The first dual cam 4 cylinder was built and raced in 1913. The first "v-tec" was introduced in the 70's any new "upgrades" are for pollution control. Which IMO isn't bad but when looking for a motor that is worthy of swapping in..... a 1.6??? Why not a turbo KA? 2.4 is better :) Yes VVT is kinda cool but I like when a car has a meanish idle. Direct injection is cooler in principle than in real life. My buddy works at Toyota and says since there isn't fuel flowing past the intake valves the carbon up very easy which causes a miss fire signal to the ECU which requires pulling the head for rework. So really the coolest thing about new engines is that he cost of manufacturing is always dropping so things like di-cast blocks are common, soda filled valves ect. IMO I'm not sold on any new motors yet. I wonder if the Jukes engine block is an open deck? How much boost will the stock internals handle? Time will tell I guess. O I also wonder how much bigger injectors would cost?

Do we really need a vehicle that will never see dirt but is high enough to look retarded? My least favorite thing about new cars. Cars are getting bigger, and trucks/suvs are getting smaller. Go look at the progression of the camry.

I'm very anti SUV and America's obsession with big cars so when I read that I almost died laughing!!!!! HAHAHA :) priceless :)

It actually has both direct and standard fuel injection so the carbon problem shouldn't be an issue. well, most nissan's have carbon issues so it shouldn't be any more of an issue

HAHA I thought they said that in the vid I just couldn't remember but I knew the Toyota's only had the one's in the head. Maybe that's why nissan has both... So far I'm not sold though. What about you? If you could find a bolt on RWD tranny would you want the engine in a datto?

HAHA I thought they said that in the vid I just couldn't remember but I knew the Toyota's only had the one's in the head. Maybe that's why nissan has both... So far I'm not sold though. What about you? If you could find a bolt on RWD tranny would you want the engine in a datto?

I can't say yet, want to see how it does for durability and what the tuner crowd comes out with for it. Our customers are pretty good at torture testing these beasts. We will see very shortly how long it take to smoke the turbo(what do you mean I have to change my oil???? the salesman said it was virtually maintenance free!!!!)

• 3 weeks later...

What I wondered it this... The JUKE has a 1.6 liter, the CUBE has a 1.8 liter. AND THE Renault CLEO/Sentra has a 2.0... And it is on the same engine family!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_MR_engine

This is taking me back to the 510 days where the 510 will have a 1.6 and people will swap in 2.0 or a 1.8 and stuff....

I would imagine the blocks are pretty much the same and we could just change heads like the good old days? Get the best head and the best engine combo and really boost the shit out of it!!!

Man I wish I had some money right now to experiment....

Has Nissan/datsun EVER made a "normal" looking vehicle? You have no idea how often people are like Wtf is that car? It looks weird etc. But come on these old dats have class. In a cheap broken sorta way. You think 30 years from now people will be all over these things? Maybe even a nissmouse.com? Ha

• Like 1

At the car show in Seattle most of the Nissans they had there were g-i-normus even the hood of the truck i opened was heavy (((BUT)))) on their "make yourself one" computer they had oics of a concept little 60`s throw back future van thing called the BEVEL lowered down this thing would be the shit...I would buy it anyways..

Oh, and they wouldn`t even let anyone touch the leaf dry.gif

Guest kamakazi620

I think the Juke is a bad Joke,Really??? 1.6 w/188hp TURBO'D????? Thats it?? Hondar puts it to shame B16=160hp B16 type r=185hp NA!!!!!! Whats the MPG's of the juke please don't say ANY less than 30mpg CITY