I need a new timing light

So what is everyone using? Old style inductive or the new high tech with digital read out and all of the diagnostic information. Is all of the info on the new digital ones really useful? I'm thinking that without a tach in the woody and 620 the new ones with rpm read out would come in handy. I hate shopping for new (old) tools.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im using the old style inductive, mine you have to have a jumper wire, you can t clamp it on the wire to read magnetic pulse like the new inductive. the digital are way overpriced, you wont use it for 15 minutes a year. the only thing i dont like about mine is its chrome, it slid of the fender one time and hit a battery post and ka pow i was welding!!!!

When I took it out to use the other day (chrome) and it did not work. My son admits that he used to take it out of the box and pretend he had some high tech cyber weapon. He would play with his buddies saving the world out in the woods! Kind of funny now that I think about it, he's almost 20 now, but when he was 10 I'd have kicked his Asx!

I have an old, inductive, red-plastic bodied Sunpro. My friend was using it one time and let the inductive clip hang down on the wire that was too long, so it melted through the clamp end, and now I have to rubber-band it closed or hold it in place over the plug wire.

I dug the thing out of my step-dad's 71 Road Runner(looks about the same age). Still works perfectly fine.