cant get my timing right

DISLEXICDIME

So i am feeling retarded right now ! what am i missing ?

the only way i can get my timing to 15 degrees with tps unplugged is with my cas turned almost all the way clock wise.

all the pics are with the crank at zero

this is on my red top sr

the cas looks lined up to me

d7f32ea3.jpg

the cams look right to me also .

9b3fd10f.jpg

9189c940.jpg

01713e3f.jpg

68422e3d.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i dont know alot about rwd stuff, but i know in general you have to do a rain dance to actually adjust the timing for the ecu.. OR use nissan data scan or some other consult program to lock the ecu into timing mode.. i doubt he has the consult port wired up so doing it with a laptop wont happen.. as for the rain dance its very frustating cause certain cars it'll work perect and others it wont..

as far as nuchanical timing it should be pretty similar to a l or ka i would think..

edit: go get a consult plug from the fuse box of any 91-94 sentra and figure out how to wire it in to your ecu.. then bring it over an i'll use my laptop to lock timing mode in..

SOLVED well my cas was off a tooth .

thanks for every ones input it was making me crazy. thanks for the offer josh and a speacial thanks to nelson at altered motives for helping me figure it out!

but on another note my old school timing light would pic up a signal of the rear loop and was accurate . but my brand new craftsman timing light would read about 25 or 30 degrees advanced.