Need Fuel Sending Unit for 620

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yours missing or just not working???

Get a short length of jumper wire. Connect it between the Yellow and Black wire on the harness going to the tank with the key ON. Gauge should read FULL.

If no reading connect the Yellow directly to ground If it reads FULL then the Black ground wire is no good.

If it still doesn't read then it's not likely the sender and could be an open in the Yellow wire going back to the dash.

• Like 1

Most likely only the 620 unit fits.

Don't worry too much about a used one. Mine is 38 years old and still works as well as it did new.

See, I tested it before I put it in and it read full :( but after in, does nothing but sit there at 1/8th tank. I'll look like you said though Charlie. BTW, i never by anything from that site... HELLA expensive.

• Like 1

I'll look like you said though Charlie. BTW, i never by anything from that site... HELLA expensive.

I did not like paying $100 for a sending unit but no one else had them. Now I had to buy a tank because my original could not be cleaned of all the rust. Remove all the rust = holes in tank. :angry:

I did not like paying $100 for a sending unit but no one else had them. Now I had to buy a tank because my original could not be cleaned of all the rust. Remove all the rust = holes in tank. :angry:

I think I have a used one I pulled off a tank thinking mine was bad...but it was just a cable under the passenger seat that was disconnected. I'll check tomorrow the condition on it...have it in the back of my 620...hopefully it didn't get smashed by something.

• 2 weeks later...

I Verified by jumper that the gauge/wires work just fine... so I have two bad sending units :*(

Thing is though I tested it before I put it in the tank and it worked... so dunno what the deal is now.

I think I have a used one I pulled off a tank thinking mine was bad...but it was just a cable under the passenger seat that was disconnected. I'll check tomorrow the condition on it...have it in the back of my 620...hopefully it didn't get smashed by something.

That would be sweet if you had one...

I was wondering... it is probably easy to fix, just a coil of wire. I'm just a little scared to have bare wires in my tank.

i just got one at dealer...was 60.00

The Nissan dealer here in Boise doesn't have anything in stock and couldn't find one on their Nissan part lookup site/system either.

Somebody has to have one!

Somebody has to know if they fit in the z cars.

What about an aftermarket part like a fuel cell sending unit:

Aftermarket Fuel Sending Unit Anybody know the ohm rating off hand? I'll check the shop manual too.

I Verified by jumper that the gauge/wires work just fine... so I have two bad sending units :*(

Thing is though I tested it before I put it in the tank and it worked... so dunno what the deal is now.

Placing a jumper wire across the two wires to the sender unit should give a FULL reading on the gage with the key on.

When the gage is connected the resistance varies between about 10 ohms resistance in the up position (full) and about 80 ohms in the down position. (empty) If it worked befor installing it should work now. 1/8 tank reading when you know it's full tells me that the gage float is stuck. Take it out and look for an obstruction. Seems very unlikely that you would get two bad ones in a row.

Placing a jumper wire across the two wires to the sender unit should give a FULL reading on the gage with the key on.

When the gage is connected the resistance varies between about 10 ohms resistance in the up position (full) and about 80 ohms in the down position. (empty) If it worked befor installing it should work now. 1/8 tank reading when you know it's full tells me that the gage float is stuck. Take it out and look for an obstruction. Seems very unlikely that you would get two bad ones in a row.

That's what I was thinking too... but I don't see what it could be stuck on!

But yeah I'll look at it again today. I just hate pulling out the tank... it is a bitch and a half.

Matching parts from http://www.olddatsuns.com/data/Datsun_620_parts_sheets.pdf and it looks like I have parts numbers that nissan has, but not in stock.

up to 8-74 25060-B5000

9-74 to 12-77 25060-B8001

from 1-78 Short bed 25060-B9800

Long bed 25060-B9860

All these show up on http://www.nissanparts.cc/ so I guess I'm good if I need to order one. Cheaper that the Thailand crap on Ebay and I know I'm getting the right part.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.