New to Datsun, Not New to Modifying

vividracing

While we wait for that, we pulled out the seats and are having them done in a black suede center with black vinyl outters. This should give the inside a fresh look.

I'm thinking of doing this to one of my Datsuns. What should I expect to pay to have a pair of front seats and the rear bench seat redone? This is new territory for me, any advice would be appreciated.

Nice job, your project looks great! :thumbup:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid $500. Found a guy off of craigslist. He did a good job. Alot of people out there just looking for work.

little update... I actually have added to reclineable racing seats from Cipher Auto and putting in TeamTech 4pt harnesses. I also have a Autopower bolt in roll bar coming and new projector headlights :) Stay tuned!

• 4 weeks later...

If you have followed my little Project Datsun build, then you can tell this thing has come a long way. With the goal from the getgo to have a little toy racer that looked the part, we have gotten there. The last few stages to the car were detailed oriented with rebuilding the AC box on the passenger side dash and the new radio mount. Our fab shop custom did these in aluminum and then had them powdercoated in a textured black. The original plastic parts were not usuable and these turned out perfect. Even though we redid the original seats, we wanted a good race seat that would allow us to use 4pt harnesses but still have comfort for cruising. The Cipher Auto seats and TeamTech harnesses dressed up the inside. But the biggest addition was the Autopower bolt in 4pt roll bar. We painted this cage to match the cars body before we installed it. The shoulder belts will get wrapped around the bar shortly. To other bits we added to the car were necessary… With the HID kit in the stock light housings, the light had NO directions and was useless. I learned that the BMW E30 lights were the same and picked up a set of these smoked projector lights off ebay. Final touches were added to the rear with a sweet fart can. The stock muffler was old, rusty, and how no noise. We picked up this little universal muffler and gave the car some balls. So stay tuned for a couple pics and video from upcoming track events before we sell this car off to the world!

datsun-sidelow.jpg

datsun-sidehigh.jpg

dsc_5576.jpg

dsc_5577.jpg

datsun-rollbar.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

not to thread jack or anything, but...

hey i orderd one of the strut bars from jimmy at wellbilt also and so far its been about 5 months he ahsnt returned my calls or emails and has kept my money and my part! just an FYI watch out for that guy and DO NOT pay with PayPal because they wont do a single thing to help you.

Welcome!!!! How much do want for the rims?

I knew i wasn't the only one that got a little drowl going at the sight of those :P

And of course welcome Dan :) nice rims, car looks great!!!