English Ford Cortina

fisch

So I am talking to a guy about his '69 Ford Cortina GT mkII that is for sale. It is a cool car and one I'd dig owning. But this one has front end damage which would require welding because of the unibody. (Can't take another project!)But looking at the pictures reminded me how much, at quick glance, cars can look like other cars. In this case a 510. Almost makes me want to throw a 510 grill and quad headlights to really screw with people! "Dude it is an ultra rare 510 only released in Tibet!"

This guy has replacement parts for the whole thing, NOS from the factory in the UK. And even a spare earlier dash sitting on a shelf, which I prefer.

cortina013.jpg

cortina004.jpg

cortinagt69.jpg

cortina005.jpg

cortina003.jpg

Damage.

cortina022.jpg

Earlier style dash with gauges on top.

1968_English_Ford_Cortina_GT_MkII_Interior_1.jpg

I actually prefer the MK1 body. Cause it is freakin bizarre. From B.A.T.

1966_Ford_Cortina_GT_Front_1.jpg

1966_Ford_Cortina_GT_Rear_1.jpg

"The engine compartment looks beautiful and was clearly painted with the engine out. The Weber down-draft and 1800 engine gives this car plenty of power to keep up with much later BMW 2002’s and Datsun 510’s."

1966_Ford_Cortina_GT_Engine_1.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that damage doesnt look too bad to fix

I didn't think so either, but he said the fenders(wings) are welded on, which seemed kinda odd. And me without a welder (or the skills to use one properly. :( )

I had a ford cortina wagon for a short time. Back in like early 80's Thing was really clean. But back then I didn't know what I had so I sold it and picked up a mopar Duster.

What do they say. If I knew then what I know now. :o