Exhaust parts needed

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ol yeller made one for me last year. Not sure if he's willing to make any more but PM him...might b willing to help out. Is this what you need?

Flangespipes.jpg

Wow, very nice weld!!

If the manifold is exactly the same with any other L16 manifold then I just need the collector that extends down on a 521.

I can't take it out yet and risk breaking the studs on the collector, let alone the crack that needs to be sealed.

I figured, just replace it rather than patching it.

I guess I can have the muffle shop work with this flange down downwards from there. Think it will work.

Will try Ol yeller if his willing to make more.

If not, will need the 521 collector still.

Thanks

I can get these for $25 if you need one. Waterjet cut 3/8" steel.

smlglange.jpg

Does that 25 bucks include shipping?...the one I made was done by hand totally and is/was sort of a one off deal.....(I don't have access to the cnc machine at work anymore...I was gonna try to make a program for them...but, oh well.....) anyway 25 bucks sounds good...(just curious as to the shipping???):mellow:

I assume the 521 Y pipe is different than a 510 one due to the torsion bar in the way. so I think NOT all L16 ones are the same. They bolt up, Yes

be nice if someone like Troy Ermish could make stock clones of the nissan set up for 510s and 521 but mating up to a 2inch collector instead of the puny stock bore exhaust size.

I know they still had 510 Y pipes new from the dealer about 8years ago.

those are nice flanges but unless your good with metal its almost ezer to buy the short tube header from TOP END Performance and use that.and just install that.

Ted on here should have a spare 521 Y pipe in his yard somewhere.

I assume the 521 Y pipe is different than a 510 one due to the torsion bar in the way. so I think NOT all L16 ones are the same. They bolt up, Yes

be nice if someone like Troy Ermish could make stock clones of the nissan set up for 510s and 521 but mating up to a 2inch collector instead of the puny stock bore exhaust size.

I know they still had 510 Y pipes new from the dealer about 8years ago.

those are nice flanges but unless your good with metal its almost ezer to buy the short tube header from TOP END Performance and use that.and just install that.

Ted on here should have a spare 521 Y pipe in his yard somewhere.

Can I have Ted's contact info?

Yeah, I didn't think 521 Y pipe was the same with the other L16 Y pipe.

My L16 is stock so I'll stick to 521 Y pipe for now.

Shipping would be an exta $2-3 dollars. I wouldn't expect it to be more than that. $25 is what I get them for now from the waterjet guy, that's his minimum charge.

As far as a 2" collector, I really don't think it would be possible for use with the stock meanifold... See below...

Top is stock flange, and the holes are 1.75" if I remember right... If you go to 2" they overlap, and I think that would really want to cause an exhaust leak, but I'm not sure...

flanges.jpg

Even if you weren't good with metal, I think it would be cheaper to have someone make you a y-pipe, than buy the header. If I remember right, to make my y-pipe it was less than 35 bucks.

RacnJasn

When I mean collector , I mean where it meets up at the bottom when both tubes come together. I would assume the stock size tube comming from the collector is just fine like stock(1st photo). just make it 2 inch at the end as most people want to run 2 inch tube thru the whole car / truck and most mufflers are 2in anyways.

The trick is welding the transition from the 2 pipes to one 2 inch tube

man those flanges look good!!!!!!!

PL521sss said he wants two of them... I called the waterjet guy today, and he said that I could probably have them by Thursday, or Friday... I bet if I could get a run of 5 or 10 he would knock the price down enough so I could probably include the shipping in the $25... So if anyone else is interested, I can probably call him by early afternoon tomorrow, and tell him I need a few more.

And is someone is daring, and wants a flange with 2" holes like my cad drawing, I can probably get him to change the hole size for a couple.

In the near future, I will be be having square port exhaust flanges made, and shortly after that, I may have round port ones made.

*EDIT* I'm going to make a post on the classifieds on the realm and see if anyone else would be interested so I can get the price down to include shipping.

BTW- Here is the Y-pipe I made for my 620

1_75_ypipe1.jpg

Racn jasn Y pipe is fine as he has a 4x4 with no torsion bars.The one photoed

But in a 521 its kinda a tight fit and it bends around the torsion bar/and engine block

It would be nice if someone had a ROMER to take data points of the stock 521Y pipe and clone it(the way it routes) using the new flange and doing the collector at the bottom for a 2 inch exhaust. or 1.75 inch,

this is why I promote the Short tube header(Top End Perfomance) as it fits inbetween the torsion bar and block.Its not cause of real performance issues, but it fits if nothing else is avail

SSS521 the dealer might still be able to get the stock Y pipes

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.