1979 620D with SunLite camper body

Derrick

I have a 1979 620D, with a SunLite camper body. Just came back from a 1600 mile trip and everything was working fine. About a week later, went to drive it and found that I have head lights, tail lights, turn signals (and horn), but no running lights.

I found a copy of the Haynes manual that is supposed to cover this year, but the electrical diagrams stop at 1974.

Does anyone have a copy of the electrical diagram for the 1979?

What about any thoughts?

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Replace the 10 amp fuse upper right in picture. I say replace because they are cheap and not to be trusted on looks alone. Place a piece of metal across contacts... I just use my ignition key.... if the lights work then it's the fuse or contacts corroded. This fuse only works the parking lights, well them and the high beam passing lights.

725-75620fusebox-1.jpg

Place a piece of metal across contacts... I just use my ignition key....

Do you mean touch metal to the contacts... or "put metal in the contacts". Because if there is an electrical problem, you don't want metal in there, you may not be able to get it out in time to prevent a fire. Chances are low that would happen, but if it does the impact is severe.

Ha, no. I meant to check the fuse. Not meant as a fix just a temporary connection to see it the fuse was blown.For causing a fire I would just use aluminum foil and save the key.

Here's the approximate amp ratings for common fuses...

fusereplacement.jpg