My 1964 320 project

chris67

The beds not the like the cab that does look kinda crappy I never noticed, weird. What about a 520 or 521 bed

Turns out the 520/521 bed are the same size as the 320 not sure on the mounts but that can be fixed.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, did you get the pictures I sent you of the orange truck? I sent them to show you what it would look like with the luv stepside box even though it was a chevy stepside box modified. What did you think? Not about the front, the back. The trouble with the 520-21 series is it has different side lines, a different side shape. If you look long enough you will find a luv stepside box. I'll look for you to. wayno

Chris, did you get the pictures I sent you of the orange truck? I sent them to show you what it would look like with the luv stepside box even though it was a chevy stepside box modified. What did you think? Not about the front, the back. The trouble with the 520-21 series is it has different side lines, a different side shape. If you look long enough you will find a luv stepside box. I'll look for you to. wayno

i did thank you it looks way better than the stocker i am searching for the luv or courier stepside bed.

Did you ever consider cutting the bottom of the bed and adding some sheet metal then just welding the bottom piece you cut off back. That way you keep it looking stock. I like the lines on the stock bed

Did you ever consider cutting the bottom of the bed and adding some sheet metal then just welding the bottom piece you cut off back. That way you keep it looking stock. I like the lines on the stock bed

Yep I just dont like the shape of the box it looks like it was a after thought "oh crap we forgot to design a bed for this new truck we will go grap one out of the back and hope nobody notices". :rolleyes: If I cut it down to a short narrow it will keep some of the stock style and by adding the stepside fenders give a more rounded look more like the cab.

I bought a complete 1957 Chevy step side bed. Believe it or not I will only need to cut about a foot out of the middle and move the fenders forward a bit. (Final mesurement yet to come) Its almost the same height as the stock bed and only a little longer. Anybody want to buy a stock 64 320 bed?

IMG00364-20100914-1212.jpg

I to was holding my tongue till I see how the fenders turn out, I'm sure it will look great when your done, everything else you own looks awesome. wayno

Its all good I will have fun making it look the way I want it too. I know a lot of people wont like it and think i should have left the stock bed on it:D.