how to make your own fuel lines

is there a thread on a how to make a fuel line thread....

im sure i can do the research and stuff but if there is a thread here theat would be neat...

im sure there would have to be what type of pipe/tubing is recomemded, rubber vs. steel vs. ???, other types that are recommended, what to use, how to make them, and possible web sites and price.

i have a flaring tool and tube bender that came with the flaring tool but i dont know where reallt to go from there besides cleaning the lines i have now.

any help would be great. :)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A useful tip that I've learned, is that before you bend the lines, fill the tubing up with sand. The sand inside will keep the tubing from kinking when it bends(retains it's round shape) at the corners.

After you're done, of course you're going to want to wash every last trace of the sand out of the line with brake cleaner.

A useful tip that I've learned, is that before you bend the lines, fill the tubing up with sand. The sand inside will keep the tubing from kinking when it bends(retains it's round shape) at the corners.

After you're done, of course you're going to want to wash every last trace of the sand out of the line with brake cleaner.

Good tip dood!

Would it not just be easier to use a tubing bender? Thats how I bend the tight bends then the rest I just do wit my hands.

I just go to the local hydraulic hose type store, and buy a stick of whatever size mild steel hard line I need (I just got 20' stick of 5/16" for $16). It's easy to bend with a basic bender and then I slightly flair the ends just for safety sake where the hoses connect.

I just did it a few days ago for another kade swap into another dime.

P1000891Small.jpg

P1000892Small.jpg

P1000899Small.jpg