crossbred 1981 210

So I'm picking up this B310 on Sunday... I don't think i have ever seen a coupe(not hatch) 2 door B310 anywhere...

looks straight.

3n33m33o15Y25O55X6a82bd03b465389c1d03.jpg

3m33pf3o05Q25T65S0a82523aef745c9a194e.jpg

3kb3o33pb5T05R55S1a8225d63297378412a3.jpg

It has 148k miles on it and was under restoration, newer interior etc...

plans for now are to get it reliable(needs a clutch) and drive it to get to know the car.

A funny thought crossed my mind, to make it look like the Tomica R30 race car, as the rooflines are somewhat similar. lol

Anyway, any ideas as to upgrades?

I have some maxima/280zx struts with the cartridges and rotors but no brake calipers.

I also have some very comfortable like new condition Talon seats(better than the eclipse ones,as they have adjustable lumbar support) that I had in my 260z back in the day...

id like to have those seats if u getrid of them if ur in the u.s maybe we can talk

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The seats are gone..... :-/

Installed silverstar headlights today. BIG improvement! Not bad for a $40 upgrade.

2010-09-23%2018.41.22.jpg

I ordered all the ignition tune up parts... NGK plugs, new wires, cap, rotor, points, oil filter, and some tail light bulbs(how many quarts of oil do I need? don't have my service manual yet...)

All for $53! awesome! LOL

Installed silverstar headlights today. BIG improvement! Not bad for a $40 upgrade.

if those are from Sylvania, BE CAREFUL!!! We have had about 15 or so cars go through my shop with wasted headlight harnesses, relays, switches, ect. that were using those headlamps. I read that the Osram(owners of Slyvania name) ones from overseas in UK/Japan aren't an issue, but allot of Sylvania Silverstars we get here in the states are a higher wattage bulb than what comes on factory cars, especially older vehicles.

The bulbs don't normally burn out, but the wiring normally melts, or it takes a relay out, or sometimes melts stuff and shorts to ground because the bulbs are demanding more amperage than the wiring can deliver.

We see it often with Silverstars and ricer blue bulbs from china, ect. They are brighter, but demand more current than most stock headlight harnesses can deliver. The GE Nighthawks are a clean bright white light and should be the factory wattage, and some other brands out there will be cleaner, whiter light at the same wattage as a normal headlight bulb.

Just use caution!

P.S. sorry to thread jack! That thing looks sweet for a car from the 80s...I have never seen a 2 door of those ever...

P.S.P.S. Oil capacity should be 3.4 quarts(filter change included). Transmission 4.9 pints, rear axle 1.9 pints. Spark plug gap of .041", base timing 5 degrees BTDC at 700-800 RPM with a counter clockwise rotation....that is unless my shop manual is wrong :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You're kidding! The 240Z tails just slipped right in?

ALMOST. Had to trim about 3/8" of metal between the top and bottom, but its sooo frickin close I had to pull out the tin snips... Plus the original tail lights that were in it were full of water. Then drilled holes where the 240z bolt holes are in the plastic housing... waaa la

original 3 bulb B210 harness(note the bulb fittings that were sitting under water and are rusted solid)

2010-10-13%2019.59.04.jpg

4 bulb 260z/280z harness that I happened to have that was in better shape than the 240z harness(either one would work)

2010-10-13%2019.59.16.jpg

I removed the connector from the B210 harness, pulled all the pins out, un-crimped the B210 wires on the tail light harness, Crimped in and soldered the 260z/280z harness into the B210 pins, then reinserted the pins into the B210 connector. I'll have a finished picture tomorrow...No cutting at all required on the factory body harness... I wouldn't use any super high load bulbs as this is already pulling an extra bulb through the same wires that power 3 bulbs. Common parts-store LED bulb replacements are being used for some of my tail lights.

Nice 2-dr Sedan there! They have decent brakes, bigger than the B210 ones.

use the time and money on wheels, or an engine swap. The 81 only has 65 HP max. L20B is a factory bolt in if you find the right parst.

Is the L18 also a Factory Fit into a 210? Cause I have an L18 with a Suck Threw Turbo Setup that i wanna use.

Is the L18 also a Factory Fit into a 210? Cause I have an L18 with a Suck Threw Turbo Setup that i wanna use.

Into a 210, yes. Pretty sure you can do it in a B210 with those moter mounts. My buddy gots a 78 510 with a stock L20B, I gotta do some final measurements, but me thinks those are the ones!

Into a 210, yes. Pretty sure you can do it in a B210 with those moter mounts. My buddy gots a 78 510 with a stock L20B, I gotta do some final measurements, but me thinks those are the ones!

Well Looks like a have my Winter Project Set and ready to go now. Tranny from a 280zx and 280z 5 Speeds fit on L18 right?

I got 3rd and 4th gear Syncros Busted out.

Cool deal on tailights from 240z !!! Thought about blacking out the panel around the same area on the 210 ? ;) ( like the 240z has those black panels )

I'm trying to find some rear trim panels off a 240z but not much luck..... and I don't want to pay $50 for a set off ebay. I paid $50 for these lights and they are in average shape at best.