chevymom

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got it?

Sorry

I assume thats a good sign of something bad.

I would ck out the fuse box area also.

but usually the wire that is off the starter feeds the fuse box. you should still have power to the lights when you pull the switch.Unless the battery is dead.

Im sure soembody can fix this.

How nice is this 620KC?

Photos

olddatsuns.com has wiring diagrams

If your a HOT CHEVY MOM I my come over and fix it.(hopefully NOT while your boyfriend is watching)

Lol. There is a new battery in it. I can get the motor to turn over from jumping the starter but that's all. I checked the fuse box it looks good. I will have to get my tester out and try to figure it out. Since I have no power at all. I don't have any pics. It has some rust but not bad. For a free truck

I think the Blue wire on the ignition switch is for the cigar lighter so don't worry about it just yet.

Power to the fuse box is from a fairly thick Black wire that is connected to the positive side of the battery through a fusible link. Look at the positive terminal on the battery. There will be a large cable, thick as your finger, from it to the starter. Also you should see a smaller wire with a plastic connector joined to a short length of Green wire with a plastic connector to the Black wire going to the fuse box. Like it's name the fusible link is basically a fuse that will over heat and melt to break the circuit. Inspect this Green wire and the two connectors. If the insulation is wrinkled or melted it may be blown inside. At least it can be unplugged and replaced.

Someone replaced the battery cables and didn't hook up a black wire to the battery and I did . Then it started right up. And the carb is poring out of the bottom of the float where the bottom screw is. I took it apart and the the rubber seal looks good. So it must be the cover of it

Carefully clean the carb side with a toothbrush or equivalent. Make sure the groove the gasket sits in is clean. Wipe the black rubber ring gasket and the metal front with the bull's eye fuel level glass and assemble and tighten. As Hainz says the fuel line where it bolts to the carb above the sight glas can also leak and drip off the bottom.