Got me a 521

BACARDI_DWB

I glanced through the instructions that are for your wiring kit. I think they recommended drivers side mounting of the fuse box..

Do not mount the fuse box permanantly until you know all the wires will get to where you want them to go.

The stock rear wiring harness has plugs that are down by the starter, I would consider leaving them, if they are in good shape. If your truck is like mine, the rear harness has a six pin connector plug, and a four pin connector plug. Only three of the four pins on that plug have connectors in them. The six pin plug is for the lights, and fuel guage sender.

here is the color code on the harness I have. The harness is from a 1971 PL-521 394191

Yellow wire Fuel guage sender

Red with Black wire Reverse light switch on transmission.

Green with yellow Brake lights

Red with blue wire Tail lights, Side marker lights, Licence plate light

White with red wire Left turn signal

White with Black Right turn signal

The red with black wire stops at a connector by the reverse switch on the transmission. It then continues back, still red with black to the connector by the three pin taillight connector.

The four pin connector is for the neutral, and third gear switch on the transmission. These switches are part of a pollution control system used on these trucks.

1/4 female spade connectors will plug into the six wires on the six pin plug.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If i do mount it on the passenger side and its short i can always extend the wires. but i have installed this one before and they give you too much wire if anything. they made the kit so you can wire up a huge long vehicle. so the small 521 should not have a hard time reaching all the stuff i need to get to.

don't get me wrong. i am going to keep as much of the good stuff that is hard to replace like connectors. I will splice whatever i need to. I have the wiring diagrams for it stored on my home computer. you don't need to name it all. but thanks anyways.

I am not assuming that you do not have all this information, but not everybody does have all the info.

I like hearing info from another source, to confirm what I have is correct.

I also hope somebody else will stumble across this, and other threads, and it will help them.