any guitar players?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I play my black epiphone sg religeously in my band.Played through a Laney 100 watt pro tube lead head with a marshall 4x12 cab.I also have a epiphone les paul,Ibanez bass,washburn acoustic,unknown acoustic electric bass,applause acoustic electric,valley arts Samick strat and kramer electric.

http://www.myspace.com/benderrock06.

Any local metal heads should check us out at Hells Kitchen in Tacoma on 1/18/07.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=1517....here is the original post.

Here is a new pedal I'm getting off of Ebunk...MG pedals from a cat in Brazil?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300184723466&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

nice. im using a digitech rp350 i like it i can get the sound i want.

California Strat, Fender "Princeton" amp., Gibson Gospel, Washburn D100, Fullerton acoustic/elec, Fender Mexican "J" bass, Peavey Bass amp, Fullerton "Gloucester" mandolin, Alvarez "A" style mandolin, 1920"s G. A. Pfrezschner violin (fiddle), 1930's G. A. Pfrezschner violin, 1970 E. R. Pfrezschner violin! If it's got strings, I'll try to play it!! This is probably the wrong place to admit it but I love Country, Bluegrass, 60's and 70's Rock and Southern Rock and Southern and Bluegrass Gospel! Can you tell I'm from Louisiana! Ha! Hey, if I ain't drivin' around in my 78 KC or working, you will probably find me in the spare bedroom pickin along with Lynard or the "Hag"!

Fisch: Nice guitars... Do you play all of them, or are a couple there purely as art?

I tried playing guitar a while back, but just ended up playing basslines all the time, so I picked up an Ibanez 4-string to get some practice. I'm considering either upgrading my bass/amp for something a little nicer, or getting an electric guitar and another amp. I've started getting more into blues, so a six-string would be nice for that.

Fisch: Nice guitars... Do you play all of them, or are a couple there purely as art

The eastwood Delta 6 gets the most attention lately, but every few months I take an afternoon and play every single one that isn't a project. None of them gets as much attention as they did before I got my 521!

It is amazing how different each sounds. The Victoria is prolly the rarest one of the bunch. That is about as out-there as 60's Japanese guitar design got.

And I always have small one hanging in my bathroom for the 'after coffee' morning practice session!

Good thread! Been playing for 45 years (guitar,drums, fiddle and mandolin). I'm pretty much a Fender tele guy, but have a few Gibsons around. Love a good fender princeton amp! I make a few instruments on the side (Mandolins, fiddles, and elec. guitars). I'm looking at a martin acoustic kit off of e-pay to put together. I just wish I had all the guitars that I have owned over the years. I saw Jimi Hendrix with his band of gypsy in Memphis when I was @ 12.

I played with Albert King a few times. Saw Lynard Skynard July 4th, 1776 in Memphis (would've had to be there to know what I mean). Played out on the road on the chicken pickin circuit aroud the south for years. Now I just drive my 77' KC back and forth to a day job anymore. Just a simple man!!! Later

Superc: Nice post! We gotta get together and pick sometime! I live in NW Louisiana and work accross the line in Magnolia, Ark., so we are not too far from each other. I've never played in any groups, except "Praise and Worship" bands at church, but I love all types of music: Blues (as in Stevie Ray Vaughn, etc.), to Bluegrass and everything in between. I had a Gibson Les Paul Studio for several years that was a great axe but traded it for a Fender American Tele for my son when he switched from drums to guitar. He later bought me the California Strat for Christmas after he finished Pharmacy school and started earning some good pay. I started learning the mandolin about 5 years ago and love playing along with Bill Monroe and Doyle Lawson. I picked up the fiddle about a year ago and have found it a little more challenging (no frets!). I play the mando and fiddle with my sister and her husband and friends at our homes and at the nursing home where my mom lives. I own a 78 620 (my sig pic with my oldest grandaughter) and a 80 720 with L20B, 5 speed. I love driving them and tinkering with them and they are my daily driver to work (60 miles) and just about everywhere I go. Of course, if my wife goes we usually take her Honda Accord. It's a nice car but I still prefer my Datsuns!!!! Dan

• 2 weeks later...

OK Fisch, I had never heard of Pan and found nothing on the internet. I have a bass I got 2 years ago, looks kinda like a Fender. Only says Pan on the head, and no other markings of any kind. Can you help me know more about it?

I also have a nice purple Danelectro and a B.C.Rich Warlock bass that is a wicked purple. I've had the Rich for 20 yrs, I feel old now.

PanBass.jpg

OK Fisch, I had never heard of Pan and found nothing on the internet. I have a bass I got 2 years ago, looks kinda like a Fender. Only says Pan on the head, and no other markings of any kind. Can you help me know more about it?

I also have a nice purple Danelectro and a B.C.Rich Warlock bass that is a wicked purple. I've had the Rich for 20 yrs, I feel old now.

PanBass.jpg

Niiiice! Basically a Pan is a univox that was rebranded. They are nearly identicle, and come come out of the same Matsumoku (sp.?) guitar factory in JApan in the 60's.

Pan is way rarer than Univox, i think I see one pan hi-flier for every200 univox Hi-fliers on ebay, but that is far from science. And actually I have never seen a pan hi-flier other than mine. (And I used to check many times a day before I found Datsuns!) More of them might have circulated in Canada. Saddly the rareness doesn't usually doesn't help sales, cause no one knows what Pan is and isn't looking for it. And Kurt Kobain played a Univox, so the collectors like that name.

But I love the rare Japanese stuff, so your bass rocks. (Does it actually just say Pan in inlay or does it have a little carved Pan figure on the head stock too? The gibson hollow body coppies had a litle figuriene.)

Also these coppies were so good that Japanese makers were sued, and more than likely your bass is from the Law Suite era! So if you ever sell it on the bay put 'Law suite' in the description.

I'm keeping it, bought it so I could sell the Rich. It just says Pan in inlay, styled like the Fender font. Serial # 0161117.

I got it form a minor celebrity's estate. My wife's cousin's step dad's dad had pasted away and the step dad sold it to me. His dad is in the Western Swing Hall of Fame in Sacramento, named Lucky Starr. There is a guy named Lucky Starr in Australia, but not the same guy. At some point he sang a gig with Merle Haggard and supposedly acquired it from him as payment. Not sure, but Merle is a local. I have been trying to get confirmation on the Haggard thing. My bro-in-law worked with 2 of Merle's daughters but they are unreliable druggies so it is hard to get them to remember to ask their dad. Merle might not even want to acknowledge it as the two of them hated each other.

I had my choice of this bass or a Les Paul copy that had no name.