Truck Database

RadioRedline

Hey anyone be interested if we did some compiling of Data and make a Datsun Pickup Registry? Example of what i'm thinking:

Have a sticky, with links:

Datsun 120

Datsun 122

Datsun 123

Datsun 220

Datsun 221

Datsun 223

Datsun 320

Datsun 520

Datsun 521

Datsun 620

Datsun 720

We can Assign a Ratsuner to each of these 11 Types. (Or more if i'm missing any.)

If Skib for example was in charge of the 720 section, every and all 720 Ratsuners PM him with their 720 info and he plugs it in his section that he manages.

Then after a while you could see lots of interesting and useful info, regarding these trucks, and where they are now. See its easy for a Truck thats been bought by a Ratsuner, to look it up and see their build thread. But say a 1967 520 pops up on Craigslist, from an old dude in Montana. Ratsuner buys it, and then sends his/her info to the person in charge of their section, and wholla! Your new truck now has a Ratsun Soul!

Example Entries?

1971 Datsun 521

Vin: PL1234567

Built:07/70

Trans: 4spd

Engine: L16

Color: Black

Sold: Kansas, MO

Current Owner: Ted's Salvage

1965 Datsun 320

Vin:KJ7654321

Built: 05/64

Trans: 4 Spd

Engine: J13

Color: Green

Sold: Culver City, CA

Current Owner: RadioRedline

1980 Datsun 720

Vin:PL345612

Built: 01/80

Trans: 5 Spd

Engine L20B

Color: Yellow

Sold: Unknown

Current Owner: Skib

Maybe a mini pic of the truck beside?

What do you losers think?

Radio

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A wiki would be the best way to do this -- then anyone could contribute. And those who care could check the data. No overhead and no mainainence required. Otherwise it is so much work that these Datsun registries never take off -- I've seen many over the last 10 years get started and go nowhere.

Lol Ok. So not alot of interest then? I tell you what! Why don't you guys send me pms and I will organize each section. I like Typing! We'll Start with 320s on Ratsun. So this is an open call to any and all 320s on Ratsun PM me your known trucks details. And I will will enter all the data on a new thread. Once the 320s are done i'll move to the next, but I figure start small!

Radio

Its a great idea, in theory. I think that the last 5 digits of the VIN should be posted, unless you know for an absolute fact the truck is gone. I would not want my full VIN to be posted anywhere on the internet. We are good to each other here on Ratsun, but someone looking to scam with a fake pink slip and a full VIN can AND will find a way to do some damage...

My $0.02...

Last 5 is a ok with me brosef. its all more for stats to see whats still out there...

Radio

Good looking out there. I do not have a truck, but have had two 610s in my life. One under construction, and one I know for a fact will never see roads in its current condition. And I have swiped a couple of under hood plates in my time, so I know of at least two more that are probably Coke cans by now...

Lol Ok. So not alot of interest then? I tell you what! Why don't you guys send me pms and I will organize each section. I like Typing! We'll Start with 320s on Ratsun. So this is an open call to any and all 320s on Ratsun PM me your known trucks details. And I will will enter all the data on a new thread. Once the 320s are done i'll move to the next, but I figure start small!

Radio

There is a 320 database started on NICO.