peek-a-boo!

gokiburix

Originally, I was just going to install one of the "hella tyte JDM" license plate holders (the ones that are at an angle downward). Since I didn't have anything in front and was always a little worried that I'll get pulled over one day for not having one on.

Well, I decided to take it one step further and go with something that will give me best of both worlds.  It's remote controlled too! :frantics:

I just finished installing this:

th_video-2010-08-13-20-58-16.jpg

(click on the pic...its a video)

Gimmicky = kinda

Fix it ticket = NOPE! :fu:

Thought I'd share with the rest of the class. Sorry for the dark cell phone vid. I just finished installing (like I said). I'll probably shoot a better one tomorrow and post it.

ーゴキ

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, awesome! I need a rear plate to do that for when I'm running from the cops. No one will ever notice a bright orange 510! :) My Miata front plate was on a door hinge so at speeds it would go flat feeding air into the radiator hole, then tip forward when stopped. Worked pretty well, still got radared.

Now here's something interesting. They have material that can be put over metal that can be attached to a camera and show images, right? If you had a car with four cameras, each one showing the other side of the car, you could almost make your car invisible. Anything in the interior would still be visible regardless of what was showing "through" on the outer skin, but it would be much harder to see at a distance. Wheels too wouldn't be cloaked. Though I think at some point you could put a wheel speed sensor into a table to calculate just like a tv image remotely on the wheel. If you had a special driving helmet that had the skin over it, that would also work. Lots and lots of money, but it IS possible.

How cool would that be to turn on the cameras, have the front view show on the rear of the car and vice versa, then on the sides?

oh yah...forgot to mention... They make kits for the rear license plates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6SrpsKU59w&feature=related

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWIwmtj1IyY&NR=1

I just didn't find those necessary since I'm not usually running yellow/red lights. Not only that, but if a cop saw that, he'd probably pull you over for having it. I was only interested in a front since (in my opinion) the license plate ruins the aesthetics of the front of any car.

ーゴキ