NEED HELP ASAP

bredatto510

YO MOFO

did you read my earlier post about the blk/blu wire is the HOT START.

That means 12volts with key in START position. if anything this wire should be at the + coil with the blk/wht wire.

You want to ck this out.

Pull the small yellow starter wire so you dont trigger the starter motor.

Now go up to that wire pull it off coil. get a volt meter. put Black end to ground take red lead and put to the wire with the blu strip. put key all the way in START. If thats the HOT START(BYPASS)wire then put that to the positive side coil also with the blk white wire.

Now put starter wire back on see it runs

how many wires are on the - side coil? 1 should be going to the dizzy the other that tack But remove the tack for now

just send me the money

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so ill put the black with blue stripe on positive... i already took off the tach wire now wat do i do with the all black wire connected to the negative coil coming from the wiring harness??...

i had already tried switching the black with blue wire but no luck with getting a spark out of the coil?.... do u think it has to do with either the dizzy just being no good or not being grounded enough??

if the blk/blu was on the -side I dont know what can happen if you hit the start key.

That mean the blk/wht wire is at the +side coil then you put 12volts on the minus side of coil. However the black wire comming from the C of matchbox is now shoritng. So I dont have a clue.

Fuck the black wire in the harness

blk/wht +coil

blk/blu +coil blk/grn is shorted to the blk/blu but not used(only if you go back to stock and use a ballast resisitor

B of Matchbox goes to +coil

C - side coil

THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If no spark maybe your matchbox blew a transistor)

Your gonna Pay Me

ok i know im getting annoying but just to be sure... this is what i have......... positive coil- blk\wht, blk\blu, B on matchbox

negative coil- c on matchbox

ground wire from dizzy mounting bolt to ground

no spark using a couple different coil wires and putting it close to a ground

next step--- new dizzy??

no spark using a couple different coil wires and putting it close to a ground

Use the center wire from dizzy(2nd time I told you). thats to the coil. and place near ground. other wise if your using the spark plug end. You wont see it at the spark plug end if you have the wiring wrong

But yes that the way it sould be hooked up. You have it correct.

PS use a MSD blaster 2 coil or a 79 Nissan 200sx coil.

Otherwise put everything back in from stock

stock point coil

ballast resistor

dizzy with matchin plate

the dime quarterly has the stock electrical drawing in the electrical section with the color codes

yea i know thats how i've been checking for spark using the center wire.. so today im gonna go warranty the distributor and put the msd coil back on

Check your PMs!

I wanna thank everybody on here who helped me especially zerow who went out of his way to come all the way over here and helped me fix it.... out of all the things he did i think that the problem lied in not only not being grounded enough but becuz the hot wire was on the negative it blew both my matchbox module and my hei..so he even gave me his module and it fired right up

Well...It was more than that, so here goes:

1) Weak ground to distributor body, so I ran a new solid copper ground wire from the ground lug at the head to the distributor direct.

2) Coil to Distributor wire was a bit "questionable", so we bought new plug wires.

3) Current checked out through the stock wiring, still reset the connection(s) to be sure.

4) No name brand ignition module on the reman (new?) distributor was a red flag in my book, so I swapped in my spare, and (it shocked the shit out of me through the insulating boot :blink: :blink: ) fired right up

So, a good lesson learned from this is to GROUND YOUR DISTRIBUTOR!!! Other than that, nobody would have guessed that a new module would be bad.

[ sent my dual 44mm mikuni solex's to rebello racing for a full reuild..

put a 200sx matchbox electronic dizzy with a msd blaster 2 coil taylor 8.2mm wires new spark plugs..

basicly i crank it and it cranks and cranks and nothing i give it gas turn on the choke and nothing

check your ignition switch, does it actually give spark in the start position? once the veh. is warm, it starts ok? check conections at the black box too. AND, Rebello sux!!! lol

I wanna thank everybody on here who helped me especially zerow who went out of his way to come all the way over here and helped me fix it.... out of all the things he did i think that the problem lied in not only not being grounded enough but becuz the hot wire was on the negative it blew both my matchbox module and my hei..so he even gave me his module and it fired right up

He got it going yesterday PM.