Help Needed, 620 Stretch

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, Im new to ratsun.

I have been trying to find a way to convert my 79 Datsun 620 stretch to front wheel discs. If you guys could help point me in the right direction that would be great. And also knowledge on converting to 5 stud.

Thanks

It already has front disc..... or you have a '77 or older 620.

...Did the aussie late 620s come with drums in the front? What motor do you have?

Is it a ball joint or kingpin frontend? If youve got kingpins theres a couple brake kits for sale on here and if youve got ball joints you should check and see if hardbody stuff is still a bolt on affair... drop spindles + bigger brakes = good times all around :)

• 2 weeks later...

From what I have been able to find out, late 78 620s onward had the balljoint frontend & you can use the discs & hubs from a 720 or D21 Navara. They bolt straight on apparently.

The early 720's (pre 84 I think) had solid discs but after that & the D21's had ventilated which would be better.

I've done a bit of research to do this to my 76 but unfortunately it has kingpins & much harder to do. I bought mine before I even knew about all the differences so you are lucky to be starting out with a 79.

What do you mean by 'stretch'? The long wheel base or a King cab?

Cheers, Al.

• 6 months later...

Long wheel base

From what I have been able to find out, late 78 620s onward had the balljoint frontend & you can use the discs & hubs from a 720 or D21 Navara. They bolt straight on apparently.

The early 720's (pre 84 I think) had solid discs but after that & the D21's had ventilated which would be better.

I've done a bit of research to do this to my 76 but unfortunately it has kingpins & much harder to do. I bought mine before I even knew about all the differences so you are lucky to be starting out with a 79.

What do you mean by 'stretch'? The long wheel base or a King cab?

Cheers, Al.

• 3 weeks later...