L motor wanted in a couple months...looking for a ratsun deal

EHey guys I'm going to be adding a fresh Datsun project to my collection soon and will be in the market for a L motor for a good price. I don't really want one that's gonna need a rebuild...preferably something I can pickup and toss in the hole. Washizngton or Oregon area. So if your planning a swap in the future or have one laying around let me know....it will be a few months before I'm ready but giving a heads up....thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EHey guys I'm going to be adding a fresh Datsun project to my collection soon and will be in the market for a L motor for a good price. I don't really want one that's gonna need a rebuild...preferably something I can pickup and toss in the hole. Washizngton or Oregon area. So if your planning a swap in the future or have one laying around let me know....it will be a few months before I'm ready but giving a heads up....thanks

Great :D ,,,,,,,,,,,, but whatcha targeting ??? L16 , L18 , L20B ,L24, L26, L28et , L28ET ???

• 3 weeks later...

Well dont count on me, but I am looking at getting a L20 in a month and a half. I would be pulling a L16 from my car. Currently I have a 3 speed auto that has already been called for. And I would be using the oil pan and pump from the L16, Im not sure on the carb yet. This is more of a what I have planned in the near future.

My L motor went to a buddy before I decided to tackle another Datsun project.......oh well. My buddy had a L20 he sold for 150 bucks and would have gave me too......trust me if I knew the Datsun bug would have bit me I would have kept them ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.