SUNSETJOE and his 521

SUNSETJOE

Howz it going? New guy here! Well, not that new. I've been lurking around these forums for quite some time. My name is Joe and I'm in a Mini Truck club called Sunset. Hence the username! I call San Diego, California my home. I've always loved Datsun's and have owned two, previously. The first a '78 620 and the second a '69 521. Well after a long arduous search and selling my bagged Toyota (I know!), I just recently purchased my third, a '71 521. The 521 is my favorite. This recent aquisition is why I'm finally introducing myself to all of you. I'm good friends with Mark aka "Pacific coast Datsun", and is probably the reason I lurk around on here so much! Anyways, the enough about me. The important part, the truck...

MY521001.jpg

MY521004.jpg

ByRVbQEGkKGrHqNh8Ew5JRJ79iBMQtnBq-_3.jpg

MY521002.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damm right we are Ray he's workin the run :cool: We can do a quick drop on it while he's "on duty" :D

Beautiful truck! Love that dark red. Is that lowering blocks I see on the floor? :thumbup:

wow clean rig! any pics of the old rides so we can see whats in store for this old girl?

I'll be at WCN 2010 as Mark has stated... working! If she's up to it, she'll be there with me! I must confess, those were lowering blocks, and yes, she did get a little altitude adjustment. Temporary, of course. I don't have any pics of my previous Datsun's, but I will tell you I plan on doing a "Restomod" with this one. Meaning... completely stock (or as close as possible), and laying flat on the ground! I'll probably never find one this clean again in my lifetime, so I'm gonna enjoy this one!