1969 Datsun 510

Selling my Grandfather and I's 1969 Datsun 510. He doesn't know too much about the internet so any questions you ask ill ask him and try to get back to you as quick as possible. With all the money we have spent on parts on labor, we are asking for $7800 obo. It has no A/C or heat and is missing both hubcaps on the front tires, but it drives like a champion. I live in Los Angeles, CA. This car is driven on Sundays when my grandfather and I spend the day together.

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad! That's the first vinyl roof I've seen I think. You should list the things replaced and maybe add the mileage. Heavily modified or absolutely stock 510s can command those prices. Needs stock hub caps, seats, room lamp and trim board between trunk and gas tank.. Not criticizing, these are easy to add to make it period correct and worth more. Very nice car. Has your grandfather had it since new? If so, a well documented provenance adds to the value.

Theres alot of things on her that scream 70-73 instead of 69 if you look. I always liked the vinyl roofs, just never liked what they do underneath. I cant remember how many 510's me and my dad tore those things off of. Good luck though, whys your grandad want to sell it and not just give it to you, someone who would obviously treasure it.

If you look in the secound picture the back drivers marker light is crooked, so he must of converted to 70's markers. Ive seen that a few time. THink your granddad liked the 70's datsun more :)

Car is likely early transition to the 70-73 style. Likely a late 69. My car was make in 5/70 and it was almost completely a 71-73 styled car but did have some weird mix 69/70 style stuff in the wiring. They didn't seem to just do the whole switch over at one time.. seems like it was a slow process. Or some one liked the later markers more than the early ones. who knows. :blink:

A nice car and pretty tasteful (minus the dual datsun badges :P )

I'm with my gramps now and he says he has the pink slip, and has owned the car since 1983. when he found the datsun it was well taken care off but the engine was driven into the ground. he went to the junkyard and put a used but newer engine into the car and the 510 sat in his garage for about 20 years. In 2003 the procrastinating wasn't cutting for me and i motivated him to fix it up telling him id help. he has receipts for everything and the car is registered until july 2011. any more questions nows the time to ask, we are at the cemetery and then off to beach for some clam chowder in a bread bowl in the datsun. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.