My 79 280ZX (With Pictures)

djt0ast

Needs quite a bit of work.... Rust bubbles galore, and basically needs a HUGE tune-up. Drove it to work over in Portland today (It did alright)

Things done since I got it on 7/24/2010:

Removed and replaced battery terminals

Polished the car for 4 hours by hand

Tried to restore as much of the black on car

Tinted windows

Also removed the trailer hitch - DON'T ASK Hahaha!

Next on the list:

Lower 2"

Tune-up

Exhaust

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Some pics of the taken during the paint restoration phase:

P1070986.jpg

P1070998.jpg

What it looks like now:

048-1.jpg

051-1.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

052-1.jpg

053-1.jpg

I will post more pics... My wife just took these super quick when I got home from work today.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude! That sounds like fun... Is there a site I can go to check out details?

Im a NWZ member so Ill be there with either my ZX and/or my 510

8th Annual NorthWest Z Show n' Shine.

we have club meetings first wed of the month in Portland,

the forums on the site are pretty dead but the events calendar is kept up to date along with the mailing list.

Are you newbies allowed at the club meetings??

ya man, everyones welcome.

the actual meeting is just dinner (its at the golden touch restaurant) and club business but then we go BS in the parking lot for an hour or two :cool:

Are you newbies allowed at the club meetings??

northwestz.org

Hellz yeah Man! We're always looking for new members, especially S130 / 280ZX owners ;)

I've been with NWZ since 2007. It is kind of spendy at $50 / year but it's worth it. We get a sub to Nissan Sport mag, and most of the money goes towards the trophies and our annual "winter holiday party" (I don't celebrate x-mas, lol)

ya man, everyones welcome.

the actual meeting is just dinner (its at the golden touch restaurant) and club business but then we go BS in the parking lot for an hour or two :cool:

Haha! Jinx ~ buy me a Coke :P (posted at the same time)

Haha! Jinx ~ buy me a Coke :P (posted at the same time)

Skib, can you bring my ZG flares and rivet gun to the next meet if you're done with them? I just bought another Z (my 5th) and want to test them out and need to make a fan shroud for the ZX.

psssshhh lol you owe me a coke :fu:

ya man Ill bring em down :lol:

northwestz.org

Hellz yeah Man! We're always looking for new members, especially S130 / 280ZX owners ;)

I've been with NWZ since 2007. It is kind of spendy at $50 / year but it's worth it. We get a sub to Nissan Sport mag, and most of the money goes towards the trophies and our annual "winter holiday party" (I don't celebrate x-mas, lol)

Cool! I will definitely check it out...

Get some bigger rims and skinnier tires then go with your ''2 lower and it will be perfect! Never really liked the look of stock Z rims on a Z. They look better on my 210. lol

That actually seems like a good idea... I think I saw a pic of one of Bleach's Z's that had that done, and it looked sick.

There's so much you can do to these cars to make them handle better! I'd reccomend the Tokico advanced handling kit (lowering springs and matched dampers), stiffer sway bars, polyeurethane bushings, etc.

I could be wrong, but it looks like your B-pillar covers are from an '83 ZX :huh:

There's so much you can do to these cars to make them handle better! I'd reccomend the Tokico advanced handling kit (lowering springs and matched dampers), stiffer sway bars, polyeurethane bushings, etc.

I could be wrong, but it looks like your B-pillar covers are from an '83 ZX :huh:

I need to start getting a list of part numbers, and how much everything is going to cost for sure. Also you are right on about the B-pillar covers being from an 83 ZX... I believe the wheels are also from and 83 if I'm not mistaken.