Need to find a 510 Datsun Coupe

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know, a normal 2 door 510 is not a "coupe". The coupe is a RHD JDM car and will run you $10k+ for a beater if you could even find one. If your budget is only $2k then you'll need pretty low standards for a 2 door, fairly low standards for a 4 door, and low standards for a wagon :P. That said, people get lucky and find old ladies selling their pristine 2 door 510's for pennies occasionally, but you'll probably have to be looking for a long time.

Just so you know, a normal 2 door 510 is not a "coupe". The coupe is a RHD JDM car and will run you $10k+ for a beater if you could even find one. If your budget is only $2k then you'll need pretty low standards for a 2 door, fairly low standards for a 4 door, and low standards for a wagon :P. That said, people get lucky and find old ladies selling their pristine 2 door 510's for pennies occasionally, but you'll probably have to be looking for a long time.

$2000 for a 2dr or 4dr is quite possible. I don't see what makes people think that project cars are expensive, when actually they come by fairly cheap. In the past 6 months I've seen at least 2 $200 2dr project cars on craigslist. I picked up my '69 2dr for $900 and have seen many others go for around there. Of course they're all projects you need to be committed to but that's where all the fun is at.

$2000 for a 2dr or 4dr is quite possible. I don't see what makes people think that project cars are expensive, when actually they come by fairly cheap. In the past 6 months I've seen at least 2 $200 2dr project cars on craigslist. I picked up my '69 2dr for $900 and have seen many others go for around there. Of course they're all projects you need to be committed to but that's where all the fun is at.

yeah, I'm mainly talking about a parts-all-there-not-a-pile-of-feces, though.