Lowdown 2010

1Low620

Just a friendly reminder, LowDown 2010 is coming up on 7-30-10 to 8-1-10, information can be found here.... http://www.streetsource.com/forum/topic.aspx?topic_id=115401&Page=1

I've read past comments and have heard snide remarks at previous shows about the gate fee being outrageous, for a 3 day show, $65 seems pretty accurate IMO, most shows are what these days? $25? Break that down over 3 days and you've hit $75.

If you haven't been to LowDown before, you've missed some crazy stuff!

Hope to see the datto club rolling in full force again!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read past comments and have heard snide remarks at previous shows about the gate fee being outrageous, for a 3 day show, $65 seems pretty accurate IMO, most shows are what these days? $25? Break that down over 3 days and you've hit $75.

thats both pretty nuts IMO, Canby is only 2 days but its $5 to get in and just park your car in the show (per day) if your not registered for judging and like $30 if your in the judging for all weekend.

Iv never in my life paid $25 for a gate fee at a show :o

I went to one last week and it was $58.00 Some of these shows charge quite a bit. I have spent $75.00 for one show. And you don't get shit.

Not even a free t shirt. But they do give out some badass trophys.

Low Down in the south sound is a full on mini-truck show. These shows get fuckin crazy, shit broken ,grass ripped up, boobs, debauchery, draggin, drinkin and thats just the beginning. They have to put up huge insurance policies in excess of 1 or 2 million. Trust me they are worth the money. Oh and there is a show somewhere in there, usually when everyone is sleeping off the party.

Yep, and It all depends on the venue. Shows like Lowdown and Drop Zone rent entire fairgrounds to accommodate the camping for a crap load of people and have to have a crazy amount of insurance to cover all the freaks that show up (that costs them a lot of money, like was just mentioned). If you have never been to a 3 day MiniTruck show, you just have no idea of the amount of chaos that occurs , lol.

This is about the only vid I could find that was safe to post, everything else is NSFW, lol.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=qAD0cDXYLn0&feature=related[/media]

My buddy Rob is the one that fell out of the back of the truck, lol.

That might be why some shows state on the flyer. (No mini trucks) :lol:

Lets face it, every and I mean every car scene has it's share of asshats, from mini truckers to muscle cars to antique classics.... But for the life of me I can't say I have ever seen a show not accept certain styles of cars/trucks/bikes/whatever. Maybe cause I'm in Oregon, we don't have tons of shows every year, and the ones we do have the promoters try to keep it clean and fun for everyone.

I'm so bummed we couldn't be there this year.:(

was a good show!

Finally back from LowDown, thank god our Newberg crew waited to leave town and avoid sitting in traffic for HOURS like some had to! :lol:

Was kinda sad to only see one 620 in the show but I'll let ( Stacey? ) post up some pics of his trophies! Least, I hope Lisa was snagging some pics for you!

Can't wait for the pics.:D

How was the camping, and the new location grounds in general?

Was there showers?

The fairgrounds are pretty wide open, by the time we pulled in, our Portland crew had our site on lock ( 3 tow pigs with trailers, 5 rides and 7 tents ) I didn't get an exact number of people who showed up but one of the Underground guys said it has passed last years numbers.

Didn't see any showers, even though some one had said they have them on site, they did have plenty of porta-crappers to zip-tie people in!

Games were a blast, our crew took the Trike race, came close in the tug-0-war, and one member took Minitruck Mayhem choice award and a photo shoot coming up soon!

Was kinda sad to only see one 620 in the show but I'll let ( Stacey? ) post up some pics of his trophies! Least, I hope Lisa was snagging some pics for you!

I would have loved to make the trip down and show and hang out, But work comes before showing the truck and I work saturdays....And the only saturday I take off for a show is Sittin Pretti. I have been supporting that show for years. I did see some pictures looks like a good turn out and fun was had by all. ..Cya all at Siitin Pretti