starter

Nissan bolts the ground to the head, probably to save copper wire. :lol: The best place is right at the starter but any place on the block will do.

:lol: , whoops didn't know that they bolt to the ground to the head from factory ! to save the copper wire ---> hahaha :rofl: <---

I guess I am to use to working on newer cars ( different makers to ;) ) that usually ground to the starter bolt/area

Thanks datzenmike and thisismatt , didn't know they did that from factory :D :thumbup: !

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She's ALIVE finally at last the 510 awaken from the dead. she runs great... i wanna thank everyone that helped me out on this post and on my previous ones. THANKS to every one. I have much love for Ratsun.net and anyone here.. yay now time for paint.. thanks again guys .... GO DATSUN!!!!!!!!!

yeah i was gonna pm you but i guess you beat me to the punch.. well like i said ater loosining up the bolts from the motor mounts. and leaning back the engine alot. the input shaft wouldnt go in.. so i finnaly just unbolted the engine complete off the mounts. and lowered it even more so the oil pan was resting on my crossmember. and the trans just went right in like butter... the trans feels great and the freshly rebuilt L16 loves it also.. thanks again fot all your help bro you guys are awsome.. so it is a 280z trans that i put in right if one day in the future i need to replaced it again what do i need to look for on the trans so i know that its a 280z trans?