Noob wanting opinions please

Rat720

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

sorry its been awhile sense i've been on. quick update, now have a soft bed cover and bucket seats, and blacked out highs, tail lights, and markers. other then that not too much, but my birthday is this friday so hopefully some stuff will get done to it :-)!! And please keep opinions coming..

Thanks

Blacking out the side marker lights and tail lights is pretty unsafe and illegal... just saying. Don't be surprised when you are stopped for this.

Yea, I got stopped on my way home the night I did them!! LMAO!! But i had done them WAYY to dark, the cop thought i didnt have tail lights at all!! So I played dumb and the next morning, I took a razor and shaved a vertical strip of the tint off, so now every cop i ask says im fine!!

I almost got rearended last night by some fool in a Civic, and my lights all work and function fine! Would've been a different story if my taillights were completely blacked out, I'm sure.. :angry:

You want my opinion? Strip all that paint off of your lights before you hurt someone.

Accident: def. The unforeseen consequences of known causes.

I think the flame thrower idea has obvious consequences, so when it catches fire going down the road at 50 and the cab fills with smoke and flames and you have to jump out into the oncoming lane... it can hardly be called an accident. Maybe skip this experience all together. We want you to continue to be a ratsun member for a long time. :)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE*

The flamethrower hasnt been hooked up sense a week after I put it on(the pump for gas went out and never replaced it), as far as the blacked out lenses go i think i got tought my lesson.The passenger side tail light has a hole in it, so i needed one of those already, but now the driverside is warping!!! Im 99% sure its due to how dark i have the black, and its holding in all the heat :-( So now I have to replace both tail lights!

New Shifter!! YES, Its a hammer taped onto the factory shifter, I love how high the shifter is now and i had a t-handle before, and i wanted to kinda keep one. lol Also now have HIDs. Used tape to make the mean mug :-D.

Thoughts???

utf-8BSU1HMDEyNTYtMjAxMDA4MzAtMTUwNS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDEyNTctMjAxMDA4MzAtMTY1Ny5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDEyMjItMjAxMDA4MjYtMTQ1MS5qcGc.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, been awhile.

Only big changes in the truck is a satin black krylon paint job, pic to come.

I have a new question though, how, without bags, can i go another inch lower(5" total) in the rear? If I get longer u bolts and another 1" block the ubolt bottoms will be about 1-2" off the ground!! I also dont really want to remove a leafspring either, right now i have 4" blocks.

Any ideas please.

Thanks