titan rim fitment

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya want the easy way???

take a angle gringer to the hubs and grind the nubs until the wheel sits flat on the hub. its not pretty but it works the lugnuts center the wheel just fine. Ive done this on my 720 and I drive that truck everyday rain or shine even up the I-5 freeway works great no vibes at all

ahh thnx bleach i tried looking for a video and didnt find shit!! and u know where to get wheels spacers?

I got my spacers from Summit , I got 4 1/4in. But if you use them you will need longer studs too. But Summit has them too I got ARP studs that are 3in long but they don't fit right in I had to drill the hole to fit the knurl so they can grab. I have the rears on if you use the spacer you don't need to router them.

2eDeYe' date='18 July 2010 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1279471073' post='326736']

Picture028-1.jpg

On a 620 a stock height. 1/4" spacers and no rubbing. They do rub on the strut rod on a lowered 620 at full crank.

What size tire you running in front, I have 245/40/18 in rear and not sure on a front size yet its between 235 or 225/40/18. I just don't want the front tire smaller than the rim.

How many threads do you have when I put the rears on with the 1/4in spacer there were about 2 turn till it got tight,so I got the longer studs.

I put the titan 18" wheels on my 620 I had to mod the dustcaps and add 1/4" spacers. I have it dropped 3"with blocks and a leaf out of the pack and short arse bumpstops, and the torsions down as far as I could (with 1/2 trimmed bumpstops) and still have some sort of right-ish alignment and I only rub 2 ways. 1: at full lock (not even that bad) 2: when I am about 3/4 lock and hit a big dip in the ground, usually happens going in my driveway too fast, actually it only happens in my driveway.

FYI. I have ran 1/4" spacers on every datsun pickup I have ever owned and have never put longer studs in. I always check my torque often and inspect the stud threads. 16 years and never a problem, and let me tell you I use my mini trucks hard around the ranch and at work. In fact I just hauled 6 school bus tires and wheels up to schwabs today inmy 620 and they are easy 100lbs each..........should've had a picture.

Have fun boyz n girlz.

Bill

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

I went with 235/40/18 because they were 235$ shipped!! They work out awesome and handle real good.........Oh yeah btw I hate you and your ball joints Javin.........King Pins for life baby!!

j/k I would love to have the later 620 suspension.........someday maybe I will swap frames.

Bill

I went with 235/40/18 because they were 235$ shipped!! They work out awesome and handle real good.........Oh yeah btw I hate you and your ball joints Javin.........King Pins for life baby!!

j/k I would love to have the later 620 suspension.........someday maybe I will swap frames.

Bill

Yeah, my tires were stupid expensive. But I love them and they were as close in diameter to the ones I originally had on as can be. Yeah, hate away. My truck hasn't moved in like 3 years. My tires are probably shot and every joint on that damn truck needs help.

Oh and the pic in my sig is what I was doing on the 5 with them on. I ground down my hubs with a grinder. Yeah, ghetto, but it worked. If there is some shaking I didn't notice... but that may be because my suspension and linkage is all busted.

"back when a joint was a bad place to be", i think he was talking about bad ball joints. HA.

Its ok 3 years aint bad, I bought a 75 620 about 9 years ago, sitting in the woods up by canada. Had only 39k original miles, but hadnt been cranked over in 17 years. I gave the guy a 50 spot for it, put 3 gallons of gas in the tank, a battery in the hole and 4 squirts of carb cleaner and drove it away..........datsuns will live forever!

"back when a joint was a bad place to be", i think he was talking about bad ball joints. HA.

Its ok 3 years aint bad, I bought a 75 620 about 9 years ago, sitting in the woods up by canada. Had only 39k original miles, but hadnt been cranked over in 17 years. I gave the guy a 50 spot for it, put 3 gallons of gas in the tank, a battery in the hole and 4 squirts of carb cleaner and drove it away..........datsuns will live forever!

You have obviously never heard the story of my Datsun. Another time, another place, I will type it all out. So besides price, any other reason you with with 235/40/18?

What size tire you running in front, I have 245/40/18 in rear and not sure on a front size yet its between 235 or 225/40/18. I just don't want the front tire smaller than the rim.

How many threads do you have when I put the rears on with the 1/4in spacer there were about 2 turn till it got tight,so I got the longer studs.

I am running 225/40 R18 all the way around.

I had full thread engagement on the stock lug nuts. The studs did not extend out of the nuts though, if that makes any sense. I have run these wheels like this on 2 different 620's and never had a problem with loose lugs or wheels.

Not sure if the 520/521 lugs are different.