• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn crank deal and fan mount off of the front of my water pump

:hmm:

are you refereing to the fan clutch?

ALL the WP bolts need to be removed. there is a remaining long bolt that is installed BEFORE the fan clutch, that will stay on, but can not be removed from the WP..

when you get the new WP/fan clutch, it will be on there

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Water-Pump-Nissan-Datsun-620-L4-1-8L-72-73-74-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem230872de64QQitemZ150465601124QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

this is the one I got and this is exactly how it came except it had 4 little bolt things for where it connects to a crank....

Clutch fans are integral with the water pump. Only the plastic blade will come off. You need to order the correct one for your car or find the older style fan that will bolt to the one you bought.

what years are we talking mike?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories says right on it for '72-'74 620 truck.

I have a '74 710 L18 with clutch fan. The Nissan parts # is:21010 23025 and is used on the L20B motor too.

This is also the same number for the 620 truck L18/L20b motor, the 510 with HD cooling rad,

sick620

what years are we taking mike?

YOU KNOW what year truck you have!!!!!!!!!!!

look on rockauto.com

enter the year of your truck. if it hasnt been modified by other owners I will assume you order the water pump for the yr truck you have. Rock auto will usually have PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!of the part

the water pump you have is the NON clutch type used on 510/521 and early 620s. However the belt might not line up perfectly. It may may not line, As I dont use the fanclutch typ on my rigs.

That water pump you use will use a 510 fan v pully and 4 bladefan.

A 240Z pump looks the same and will fit on the Front cover, or any L motore but the water pump hole spacing on those are also differnt.

So order specific to the vehicle otherwise dont be buying shit on the internet just cause its cheap or you have the other option at home to make this work.

sick620

what years are we taking mike?

YOU KNOW what year truck you have!!!!!!!!!!!

look on rockauto.com

enter the year of your truck. if it hasnt been modified by other owners I will assume you order the water pump for the yr truck you have. Rock auto will usually have PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!of the part

the water pump you have is the NON clutch type used on 510/521 and early 620s. However the belt might not line up perfectly. It may may not line, As I dont use the fanclutch typ on my rigs.

That water pump you use will use a 510 fan v pully and 4 bladefan.

A 240Z pump looks the same and will fit on the Front cover, or any L motore but the water pump hole spacing on those are also differnt.

So order specific to the vehicle otherwise dont be buying shit on the internet just cause its cheap or you have the other option at home to make this work.

no I wanted to know what years of trucks had the older style of fan... I dont want to get a new water pump I want to make use of the pump I already got.... I cant return it so I need a fan clutch and pully that will fit... understand? Also the motor i have to put in is out of a early model 620 and its a 1600... the part I ordered was for a 1600. So I wasnt trying to get a good deal or something I ordered it because its FOR the motor... also my 620 is a 79 and its all jerry rigged together and I have a 1800 in when it came with a L20..... i just got the 1600 in.... my 620 went from 2.0 to 1.8 and now to 1.6...... so its a very confusing scenerio..... I guess I either use a fan from a 521 or use my old shitty water pump..... ugh this is a pain in my ass.....

Clutch fans are integral with the water pump. Only the plastic blade will come off. You need to order the correct one for your car or find the older style fan that will bolt to the one you bought.

Integral means all one piece. The clutch part is solidly pressed on to the water pump shaft and does not come apart.

no I wanted to know what years of trucks had the older style of fan... I dont want to get a new water pump I want to make use of the pump I already got.... I cant return it so I need a fan clutch and pully that will fit... understand? Also the motor i have to put in is out of a early model 620 and its a 1600... the part I ordered was for a 1600. So I wasnt trying to get a good deal or something I ordered it because its FOR the motor... also my 620 is a 79 and its all jerry rigged together and I have a 1800 in when it came with a L20..... i just got the 1600 in.... my 620 went from 2.0 to 1.8 and now to 1.6...... so its a very confusing scenerio..... I guess I either use a fan from a 521 or use my old shitty water pump..... ugh this is a pain in my ass.....

OK you have a clutch fan style water pump that is no good and ordered one for an early 620 and got just the pump. What you need to make it work is a 521/510 or early 620 pulley and plastic fan.

Pulley ............... 21051 21000 about $40 at dealer.

Plastic fan ....... 21060 A4600 $40

4 M6 bolts ....... 08120 62010 Use washers and lock washers.

Best and cheaper to find someone on here with the parts. Or sell that pump here and order the correct clutch fan pump.

hey guys i recently had the same problem, i bought a water pump with clutch and started to take it apart, the shaft went from the impeller all the way through the clutch, i tried and tried and tried pulling it using several types of pullers and the aluminum clutch kept breaking, i said fuck it got out the die grinder and cut the hell out of it, now my water pump is clutch free!!!!! it was a little barbaric but hey it worked, i would have had to cut the shaft down anyways so i figured it would be just as easy to cut up the clutch, although i had a pile of shavings and a pile of chunks of clutch left when i was done!

I dont want to get a new water pump I want to make use of the pump I already got.... I cant return it so I need a fan clutch and pully that will fit... understand?

not really <_<

the clutch is NOT availble seperately.

either find a pully to use the WP you have or go but another w/the clutch. :rolleyes: