Clutch slave adjustment

mklotz70

My wife's 521 clutch slave decided it was about time for some attention. I decided to go with a 620 slave since they had it in stock at Knecht's. It wasn't until I was already into the project, that I realized the slave didn't have the holder for the spring. I could have gotten a different one, but after burrito's recent challenge with his clutch slave, I decided to go this route. It allows for more torsion bar clearance on the 320s if you have a floor shift trans. My column shift required a mounting adapter...but that's a different thread :) Here's some pics on the spring holder and a few vids on how to adjust the clutch slave. I would prefer to have the bleeder valve mounted in the top hole, but you can see the machined recess for the copper washer to seat on...so the hose goes in the top hole. The bracket I used had an existing hole, so I used a washer to make sure it could slide over the hex part of the bleeder valve.

Hope this helps.

100_3340.jpg

100_3346.jpg

100_3349.jpg

100_3350.jpg

100_3351.jpg

100_3353.jpg

100_3354.jpg

100_3355.jpg

100_3357.jpg

th_100_5648.jpg

th_100_5649.jpg

th_100_5650.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to mention....if you go with the 620 slave cyl, it will be metric threads. I already had a metric nut on the end of the hard line, so I used the hose in the previos pic. If you are working on a 521 with SAE threads, I'm pretty sure this will be the hose you need. Both hoses went into the m/c, it was the end connecting to the hardline that was different. I may have it backwards....it's been several weeks since I did this. Just remember to double check that your hard line goes into the hose you're using....if not, try the other hose. I bought and took home both, then returned the one that didn't fit :)

100_3343.jpg

thanks mike. i just adjusted mine the other day and was wondering about the slack. part of me said to leave a little room and the other part (the evil side) said make it snug. so i made it snug. and i've been thinking about it the whole time. now i will go put a 1/16 of slack in it. :rolleyes: