Electric fuel pump

benson64L

Hey whats up i got a question about a electric fuel pump i just installed. Ive got a 79' 620 with the L20b engine, i just put a Holly Red pump on it and it seems to be flooding it out. The pump is only rated for 7 psi, is that too much? Is it possible to regulate it down lower?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What carb is on it?

Webers work best at 3-4 psi.

Not sure what the Hitachi's optimum pressure is but it should be close to the weber.

You can buy a regulator and pressure guage to fine tune your pressure.

Did it run fine with the stock pump?

I pretty sure its the stock carb, and it was runnin fine with the mechanical pump but it went out on me the other day and i heard the mechanical pumps are not that good so i put this Holly electric pump on yesterday. Do ya know of a good place to get a pressure regulator? or should i get a pump that only pumps between 3 and 4 psi?

Nothing wrong with a stock mechanical pump. The after market ones are shit. And it pumps the correct pressure.Your profile is incomplete but if you are near the PNW there are lots of wrecking yards with L motors in them. Hell someone here will send you one for cheap. If I ever needed one all I have to do is cut the back yard. laugh.gif

heard the mechanical pumps are not that good

Who said that????????????

I think Maybe Hollys are junk

you need to pressure down your system and hope it didnt ruin the needle valve on your carb

the replacment mechanical pumps are not bad(stone or black stone was the brand)I have ran them before but dont look stock

Later 620s had electric I believe

But if you had a mechanical one on the head you still can get replacements